Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FTM-3200DR Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FTM-3200DR

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTM-3200DR.

N4MU  Rating: 3/5 Feb 13, 2018 16:15  Send this review to a friend!
Latest Version has Nasty Secret Surprise!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Overall I am satisfied with the radio. All performance so far is as expected and no gripes there. With the latest (current at this time) firmware however Yaesu has added digital group monitoring, something I have absolutely no use for. I can completely understand its' use in emergency/group use but for everyday casual use it is completely unnecessary. The real kicker is that this "improvement" "steals" two of the four programmable mic buttons, leaving me with only two to use. There are no options...they took away two of the four to make the group access "easier" as they say. Why the "3" and not "4" then? Well, I admit 3 might be a tad low but a 4 I feel is too high considering the unexpected loss of very useful features that are on earlier models. Impossible to live with? Of course not but they should have added features without taking away any to do so...made the buttons for group access optional, leaving me to program them as I need. Very disappointed in their lack of foresight...and this coming from one who has and likes other Yaesu gear!