Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | FlexRadio Service And Repair USA Help

Show all reviews of the FlexRadio Service And Repair USA

You can write your own review of the FlexRadio Service And Repair USA.

WA4FOM  Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 05:51  Send this review to a friend!
In the end, they did the right thing  Time owned: more than 12 months
A software update to my FLEX-6700 died, and left the radio in an indeterminate state (i.e., completely unusable). After some correspondence, I was authorized to send it in. They had it for months, and finally said they were not able to fix it. I thought that rather odd, since there is most definitely a finite quantity of hardware inside that diminutive chassis. This for me was not a huge deal, as I simply used my old 5000A during the time. At first, I was offered a discount on one of the new radios, but I held firm saying that I really had no intention of getting one of the new series and I preferred that they simply replace my 6700. After all, it was clearly their software update that destroyed the radio and not some catastrophic hardware failure or cockpit error on my part. In the end, they sent me a 6700 outfitted with all the trimmings as was my original. Even though it took an awfully long time, they did in what was, in my view, the right thing. For that, they get a 5 from me.