Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Show all reviews of the LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner

You can write your own review of the LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner.

G8JNJ  Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2007 07:31  Send this review to a friend!
Works well - low power consumption  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this tuner at the same time I got my Icom FT-897D. It was a bit of an impulse buy at the time, but it turned out to be a good one.

I fitted internal batteries so that I could use it remote at the base of the antenna if required. It also saves the hassle of providing an external DC supply, which makes it much more flexible to use.

Most of the time it's fastened to the top of the radio with some Velcro straps

It works well in the shack or in a backpack for portable operation.

It's not a random wire tuner, but it has wide impedance matching range and will tune almost anything if you use it with a 4:1 balun (or unun).

I have not had any of the hunting or reliability issues that others have reported, but I always ensure that I get it to initially tune at low power. If you use one or two antennas all the time, it's worthwhile spending a while performing a full tune at regular intervals on each band of interest. Once you have done this the retune time is only a fraction of as second. You may also benefit from setting the VSWR tuning threshold a bit higher if you are using an antenna which moves around a lot, as it stops the unit performing retunes each time you transmit under these conditions.

My only criticism would be the LEDs flash a bit too quickly when showing the mode it's in, and the stick on rubber feet fall off after a while.

Apart from these very minor issues it's nearly perfect.