Categories | QRP Accessories | Rework Eliminator™ K2 Internal Mic Adaptor Help

Show all reviews of the Rework Eliminator™ K2 Internal Mic Adaptor

You can write your own review of the Rework Eliminator™ K2 Internal Mic Adaptor.

VK3DAP  Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2008 11:25  Send this review to a friend!
Very useful product, superb documentation, good price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After I finished assembling my Elecraft K2 I thought that this rig had everything. Until I wanted to plug in different mics! I found that the DIL plug and jumpers on the FP board a bit limiting when trying to use different mics, like my ICOM SM5. To get this mic to work involved soldering an 820 ohm resistor between a couple of pins, soldering a jumper between another couple and adding a longer, wire link between two more non-adjacent pins.

Then I found the unpcbs.com site and their Internal Mic Adapter product. I read the documentation, and when the XYL was not looking, pledged my plastic. The kit arrived yesterday, and was duly assembled.

I looked up the ICOM SM5 mic, found the configuration diagram in Table 3, plugged jumpers into the IMA board accordingly, switched on the rig and, running 12 watts into a dipole on 40 metres, immediately had a QSO with a station in Central Queensland, about 2000 km away. He reported that the audio was very smooth and clear.

I would recommend this product as being the answer to the problem of using any one of a large number of microphones with the Elecraft K2.

The product is ingenious, it neatly solves a difficult problem, the PC boards are well designed, and the documentation which accompanies this product is superb - clearly written with excellent diagrams.

I gave this product a rating of 5 because, honestly, I could not find a fault with it, and it is an elegant solution to the problem.