Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | EZNEC Antenna Design Software by W7EL Help

Show all reviews of the EZNEC Antenna Design Software by W7EL

You can write your own review of the EZNEC Antenna Design Software by W7EL.

G8JNJ  Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2008 09:29  Send this review to a friend!
Don't design antennas without it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I donít think itís fair to rate a product as being a 1, if you havenít read the manual !

I find EZNEC invaluable for trying Ďwhat ifí scenarios when experimenting with antennas, itís saved me a lot of time, trouble and wire. Iíve tried a few different packages but this one seems to be the easiest to drive and obtain useful results from.

For a quick start try running the demo version and play around by loading an existing model.

It took me about Ĺ a day to get to the point where I could model my own antennas.

I find the most difficult part is usually in planning your 3D model converting it into X,Y,Z co-ordinates to add to the wires list. You may find it useful to sketch the design on graph paper first, making a note of each wire start and finish position.

There is a 184 page user manual which can be downloaded from

Itís one of the few software packages that I didnít mind paying for, so Iíll give it a 5 rating.