Categories | Ham radio kits | Hagerty Radio Company Direct Digital VFO Help

Show all reviews of the Hagerty Radio Company Direct Digital VFO

You can write your own review of the Hagerty Radio Company Direct Digital VFO.

WB6VHK  Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2009 16:03  Send this review to a friend!
DDS VFO KIT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking over the last few years for a good dds vfo to install in an older radio (Atlas) that I wanted to improve. After a few dissapointing experiences with some other inexpensive kits, I almost gave up. A few months ago, I was surprised to see the WA1FFL kit advertised in CQ magazine. I purchased one online and two days later it was at my door. It took about an hour to build the main board and another half hour to wire up the display and a few buttons for testing. It worked perfect the first time I turned it on! I am giving this kit a solid "5" rating as I am very impressed with the quality of the board and components and found Jim Hagerty (the owner of the company)to be one of the most helpfull people I have ever met! When I installed it in my radio I was amazed at how clean of a signal it produces, Very few birdies anywhere. I plan on buying another one for another project soon. Thanks jim!