Categories | QRP Accessories | Rework Eliminator(TM) K2 Option Bypass Headers Help

Show all reviews of the Rework Eliminator(TM) K2 Option Bypass Headers

You can write your own review of the Rework Eliminator(TM) K2 Option Bypass Headers.

AL7B  Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2010 17:55  Send this review to a friend!
Clean Upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Rework Eliminator is one slick option. I recently built K2 #6850 and was reluctant to build options into the K2 during initial constriction. My fears were unfounded. My fears were put to rest during the Phase 1 alignment and the RE filter header was plugged into the Control Board. At that moment I knew I had made the right choice.

The RE documentation merges very easily with the Elecraft documentation. While preparing to build the K2 I noted the RE page number on the K2 page which related to changes for that portion of the build. The RE documentation uses highlighted pages from the original K2 manual. The highlights are color coded to reflect which K2 option is being addressed at that time. It was a very simple matter to use the Elecraft manual until coming to a circled RE page reference then switch over to the RE manual.

The RE header circuit boards are top notch and look every bit as good as the boards used by Elecraft. The quality of material used for this upgrade does not cheapen the quality of the K2. The documentation includes drawings and charts to show the changes being made.

Other than noting the RE page document in the K2 manual I found it helpful to plug the holes of component locations on the K2 boards with solder while building. The RE manual is very clear about components and jumpers that are not installed, plugging the holes serves as a helpful reminder for those of us who might wander from the instructions and be tempted to insert a missing component.

I bought several options with my K2. The Elecraft options include all the jacks, plugs and components needed for the option boards. However to save having to dig through the various option bags I elected to purchase the parts kit from Rework Eliminator. The cost is minimal and worth the time saved having to go searching through the K2 parts bags.

The parts kits are shipped with individual, color coded bags for each option. It made for easy grouping and finding of the parts when needed.

It also makes sense to purchase the Internal Microphone Adapter Kit to add the finishing touches to the K2.