The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me tell you MY MFJ Experience...  (Read 33869 times)
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

Buy your MFJ products from DX Engineering since they are so great (and they are.)
That's what I did.

I bought from DXE.  I dealt with MFJ for the warranty.  Why?Huh  Because my unit used N fittings, which was not a common high demand item.

MFJ took good care of me.  No, I was not happy to see a problem.  Yes, I am pleased with the response I received from MFJ. It took a week to resolve the warranty--they had to BUILT the part. They a replacement along with a return label. I was out nothing, but they were assuming I was HONEST. 

Good God, if you have reservations about dealing with MFJ, go elsewhere!!!!!  I have been treated fairly... I also read reviews, and know the worst case scenarios.  I'd suggest that anyone who is adverse to dealing with occasional issues just ignore purchasing from MFJ.  They have always honored their No Matter What guaranty promise; otherwise suck it up and shut up.
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »

That's okay Franky boy, keep moving the goalposts. 

I've asked you Franky boy, over and over, to explain how a company like DX Engineering can have a so much better customer satisfaction rating than MFJ ever will.  You don't know the answer, refuse to answer, or are afraid to answer.. 

I've asked you Franky boy, over and and over, to explain why Martin Jue doesn't send out an follow up email like Tim Duffy does inquiring about the customer purchasing experience and if there is anything that he, personally, can do for you, just call up and ask.  You don't know the answer, refuse to answer, or are afraid to answer. 

Oh and Franky boy, I could care less where you are or what you do in your pathetic life defending MFJ.  So don't put words in my mouth as asking where you are, because I do not care.  Never did.  Never will.

Buh. bye Frankie.

Guys! Let me repeat in s-l-o-w English....

My point, that I've repeated several times in this thread, was to Tom N2SR's post had NOTHING TO DO WITH MFJ. Period. Or DXE. Or AA. It had to do with Tom's written statement:

"I'd do the same thing I've been doing for the last 36 years.  Buy something that has much better quality for a slightly higher price.  I'd be 100% satisfied with all of my purchases, instead of just "most of them."

My point, once again, is that a slightly higher price will never yield 100% satisfaction with all of one's purchases. That may be Tom's experience. He says it is. But he posted it in response to another hams post about what would amateurs do without MFJ?

Two additional points, Tommy Boy. Some of us aren't on eHam.net every day since you harangued me about a few days's delay in my response...some of us have family funerals to attend out of state that are a lot more important than a ham radio website's Forum. A second point is that, while I don't speak for Martin, I've heard him say publicly several times: if you don't want to buy his products, he doesn't want you to have it.

Frank
K4FMH

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 03:14:17 PM »

Tom,

You've identified your lack of character here:

"Oh and Franky boy, I could care less where you are or what you do in your pathetic life defending MFJ.  So don't put words in my mouth as asking where you are, because I do not care.  Never did.  Never will. "

You may not care that another person on this thread was burying his mother in-law which is why he was off-thread for several days. That's your lack of character. You just don't want to hear different opinions...my point had nothing to do with MFJ. (Again.) You just don't know anything about customer satisfaction research.

I still hope you have a nice day.

Frank
K4FMH

That's okay Franky boy, keep moving the goalposts. 

I've asked you Franky boy, over and over, to explain how a company like DX Engineering can have a so much better customer satisfaction rating than MFJ ever will.  You don't know the answer, refuse to answer, or are afraid to answer.. 

I've asked you Franky boy, over and and over, to explain why Martin Jue doesn't send out an follow up email like Tim Duffy does inquiring about the customer purchasing experience and if there is anything that he, personally, can do for you, just call up and ask.  You don't know the answer, refuse to answer, or are afraid to answer. 

Oh and Franky boy, I could care less where you are or what you do in your pathetic life defending MFJ.  So don't put words in my mouth as asking where you are, because I do not care.  Never did.  Never will.

Buh. bye Frankie.

Guys! Let me repeat in s-l-o-w English....

My point, that I've repeated several times in this thread, was to Tom N2SR's post had NOTHING TO DO WITH MFJ. Period. Or DXE. Or AA. It had to do with Tom's written statement:

"I'd do the same thing I've been doing for the last 36 years.  Buy something that has much better quality for a slightly higher price.  I'd be 100% satisfied with all of my purchases, instead of just "most of them."

My point, once again, is that a slightly higher price will never yield 100% satisfaction with all of one's purchases. That may be Tom's experience. He says it is. But he posted it in response to another hams post about what would amateurs do without MFJ?

Two additional points, Tommy Boy. Some of us aren't on eHam.net every day since you harangued me about a few days's delay in my response...some of us have family funerals to attend out of state that are a lot more important than a ham radio website's Forum. A second point is that, while I don't speak for Martin, I've heard him say publicly several times: if you don't want to buy his products, he doesn't want you to have it.

Frank
K4FMH
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »

Peter,

Great comment! It's precisely my opinion too. Why I appear to be "loyal" to MFJ is simple. I've been a customer since 1979. A year or so ago, I bought a small power supply that had two missing sheet metal screws on the bottom. It was the FIRST time since 1979 that I've had a single thing of any kind less than superlative about my purchases from MFJ. Should I raise hell with MFJ for two missing screws? (I facetiously posted on eHam that I too was now mad as hell at the poor MFJ QC...just to make a point). I just got two out of my parts cabinet and replaced them although they weren't mechanically necessary.

Peter, it's just easier for some hams to blow-off here on eHam than to have the intestinal fortitude to call MFJ's 800 number and say the same thing to Richard Stubbs, or even Martin, instead. I've called many out on that behavior. Indeed, MFJ can take care of itself...it's buying failed companies headed to oblivion and kept their product line in the retail and wholesale markets for amateur radio. If someone want's to know why Martin does or does not mimic Tim Duffy at DXE on something, why not just pick up the phone and call Martin on his nickel? Lack of guts, apparently.

Thanks for your comment! It seems that soreheads who post but who do not want to have contrasting experiences or face contrary facts will never contribute positively to a public discussion.

Frank
K4FMH

Buy your MFJ products from DX Engineering since they are so great (and they are.)
That's what I did.

I bought from DXE.  I dealt with MFJ for the warranty.  Why?Huh  Because my unit used N fittings, which was not a common high demand item.

MFJ took good care of me.  No, I was not happy to see a problem.  Yes, I am pleased with the response I received from MFJ. It took a week to resolve the warranty--they had to BUILT the part. They a replacement along with a return label. I was out nothing, but they were assuming I was HONEST. 

Good God, if you have reservations about dealing with MFJ, go elsewhere!!!!!  I have been treated fairly... I also read reviews, and know the worst case scenarios.  I'd suggest that anyone who is adverse to dealing with occasional issues just ignore purchasing from MFJ.  They have always honored their No Matter What guaranty promise; otherwise suck it up and shut up.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2016, 01:54:14 PM »

You may not care that another person on this thread was burying his mother in-law which is why he was off-thread for several days. That's your lack of character.

Knock it off and grow up, Frank.  YOU chose to spar with people and call them names if they disagreed with you and didn't love MFJ.  This is the real world Frank, not a safe zone on a college campus.

V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »

It seems that soreheads who post but who do not want to have contrasting experiences or face contrary facts will never contribute positively to a public discussion.

Frank
K4FMH

[/quote]

Frank,

That is the first thing you have written in years that I agree with.   You are indeed a "sorehead who posts but who do not want to have contrasting experiences or face contrary facts will and never contribute positively to a public discussion."

Also, your usual name calling, changing the topic, and never answering specific questions directed at you, just proves you are a typical troll, as you like to call anyone that disagrees with you.

And BTW, oh jealous professor, yes I am at our home on St Kitts. so I am logged in as V47JA.  Sorry it seems to annoy the heck out of you.

I await, "your usual name calling, changing the topic, and never answering specific questions directed at you".    

John
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:40:51 PM by V47JA » Logged
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »

Peter, it's just easier for some hams to blow-off here on eHam than to have the intestinal fortitude to call MFJ's 800 number and say the same thing to Richard Stubbs,

Frank
K4FMH

Frank,

The below was sent to Richard Stubbs, several years ago, and we able to discuss the below issues.  Unlike you he is able to discuss MY  MFJ problems without insulting name calling. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"You asked, so here are a "few" of MY experiences with MFJ, all were purchased new:

My MFJ-259B Analyzer -   Defective center pin on SO239 connector.  - I replaced it with a silver SO-239.
My other MFJ-259B Analyzer - Cold solder connection to holder for the batteries -  I resoldered.
My MFJ-962C Antenna Tuner -  Two wires to band switch unsoldered.  Nut and lock washer rolling around inside. -                                            I soldered and replaced the screw.
My MFJ-949E Antenna Tuner -  Unsoldered Meter wire. - I soldered.
My MFJ-1704 Antenna switch - Two switch positions not adjusted and not making contact. - Adjusted myself.

There are more, but I think you get the idea." 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2016, 03:07:37 AM »

Frank,

So now it's back to Tom because I upstaged you again, and have at least two other people who agree with me and not you? 

Grow up, get a life, and learn to respect others when they have a different opinion of you. 

Bye.

Tom,

You've identified your lack of character here:

"Oh and Franky boy, I could care less where you are or what you do in your pathetic life defending MFJ.  So don't put words in my mouth as asking where you are, because I do not care.  Never did.  Never will. "

You may not care that another person on this thread was burying his mother in-law which is why he was off-thread for several days. That's your lack of character. You just don't want to hear different opinions...my point had nothing to do with MFJ. (Again.) You just don't know anything about customer satisfaction research.

I still hope you have a nice day.

Frank
K4FMH

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
KA0USE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »

i have a few of their products. i had trouble with 2 of them right from purchase.
one, a 259c antenna analyzer (from hro-denver), took 4 months to get back (under warranty). i had taken it to a ham symposium where a local brought some diagnostic 'chinery for us to check our test gear. well, it was way past hro's 10 day policy, so off it went to mfj under their return warranty.

the good news is i'm really happy with it. it also helps that the manual is understandable for a non-techie.

the other is a power supply i got from hro-denver and a binding post had come astray from the board. it's replacement made a horrible noise when on. i still have the third one and am most pleased with it. the first 2 i got from hro, but the 10 day return policy had expired on the second unit so i had to ship it to mfj for disposition. they sent me a replacement pretty quickly and it works fine.

mfj has been really decent to me on the phone. i'm sure it didn't hurt that i didn't rave and rant, snort!

AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »

MFJ Derangement Syndrome is a real thing! It describes a person that reads the reviews, had problems in the past and still buys the stuff

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 10:57:21 AM »

i have a few of their products. i had trouble with 2 of them right from purchase.
one, a 259c antenna analyzer (from hro-denver), took 4 months to get back (under warranty).

Well, I guess that makes me feel a little better about MFJ having my 998 tuner for over 4 months now.  If this delay is normal, then they must have a ton of defective or problematic items returned for repair.  Speaks volumes of their "quality".
W4FID

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 04:31:43 AM »

Over the years I had their SSB QRP digs with the CW board for 20 and 40. They worked well and I enjoyed them. Have had the antenna analyzer I got used for cheap about 10 years ago. Have tuned boo coo mobile antennas, numerous friend's and my home QTH antennas of all types. Works well and I enjoy it. Have their CW reader for about 8 years. Works well and I enjoy it. Rely on their 220 volt soft start power strip for my Collins amp. Works well and I enjoy it. Have an AL-811A on my Icom station for about 5 years and even do some light contesting. Works well and I enjoy it. Chat with Richard and Phyllis at major fests and on the phone a few times. They are responsive and knowledgeable. Only problem I ever had was their 40 - 15 meter loop. Worked great and was easily the best choice for my HOA restricted home. Worked well and I enjoy it. But my QTH is the lightning capitol of the world and near by static bursts killed the control board in the tuner a couple times. It's not possible to ground the coax with a switch because the DC to power the tune motor runs in it. Disconnecting the coax means climb over the desk in my shack and also means the end of the coax is "dangling. So I changed to a different antenna. BUT NONE OF THAT WAS MFJ'S FAULT IT WAS 100% MY SITIATION. I for one am glad they put up the huge resources necessary to be so big and offer so much to the ham world.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: