The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QST QST !...New QRP website up!  (Read 6913 times)
WG7D

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:53:34 AM »

QST !  Brand NEW today!

A place for all low power amateur radio operators to gather, tell about experiences and achievements
as well as share ideas on ORP rigs/antennas/contests and general chit chat on the QRP scene.
come join us for some QRP fun!

72 Mike WG7D

http://www.amateurqrpradio.com/
YT9TP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 04:38:03 AM »

Interesting site. Nice work!
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »

I have consistently been able to work SO-50 with a homemade 1/4 wave ground plane antenna for 2 meters.  Not the ideal way to work the satellites, I know.  I have been wanting to either buy or build an eggbeater antenna.

KU4UV
KA0USE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »

rodney's in!

i'm usually up for anything that will help me learn something, not that i retain much....snort!
on rare occasions i have been able to help someone.
KL7KN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

Fun site.  Might want to fix all the broken/dead photo links, or find a new photo host site. 

Takes away from the site.

thx for sharing
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »

Fun site.  Might want to fix all the broken/dead photo links, or find a new photo host site. 

Takes away from the site.

thx for sharing

is there anything more worthless than photobucket?
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »

QST !  Brand NEW today!

A place for all low power amateur radio operators to gather, tell about experiences and achievements
as well as share ideas on ORP rigs/antennas/contests and general chit chat on the QRP scene.
come join us for some QRP fun!

72 Mike WG7D

http://www.amateurqrpradio.com/

Nice indeed, BUT one main problem and a big shame, and this surely should be discussed among the members: QRP Calling Frequencies listed are non-sensical:

1) Those on 30, 20 and 17m are right on the most popular "DX Pedo" frequencies, big guns big QRM
2) Why "5 UP" or "5 down" if those are in use?! CW is not a CB radio with 5kHz channels.
3) "Calling frequencies" should be "Center of activity frequencies" if busy, move a LITTLE up or down
4) Why re-invent the wheel? There are ALREADY QRP calling frequencies publish and USE those!
5) Don't DILUTE QRP activity by some really weird and crazy diversion into the QRQ/QRO band center!

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
KB2SMS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

I wish the QRP Facebook group would allow non facebookers to view the site. It seems I can no longer view it like a while back. Sad because I liked it. I don't do Facebook. Too much BS and drama and they're about as secure as a wet bag made of toilet paper.

"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: