The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get licensed for 630M transmissions?  (Read 8232 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:03 AM »

So, what's the first step for me to get licensed, or permitted by the utilities, (unclear what the exact word to use there), to transmit on 630M?

Is there an online form I can fill out to start the process or do I have to start sending technical letters to my utilities technical folks regarding their PLC use?

Tim N3QE
N0PQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »

I believe the FCC is still working with the Electric Grid operators to create a system. I would not expect any movement on this until after July 1.
KL1X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:34:38 AM »

Hi - Yep there is no approved process or authorization for US hams to use 630 or 2200m at this date of writing.

Please (please) don't be tempted to put a ham signal on the air as any interference or issue at this time would likely further delay the process - and its illegal.

But do take a listen and see what you can hear - one good start is setting your Rx on 474.2 USB and using WSPR (or wsjtx in wspr 2 setting) -even with a normal HF long wire/vertical you'll be amazed at what you can decode in most of the lower 48 states at night from the current part 5 experimental grant stations (there are a lot of them)

For 2200m set your wspr2 decoder to 136kHz USB you may decoder WH2XND from AZ at night or other stations. Of course there is CW and JT9 too out there - Best of luck - Laurence KL7L
WA4JNX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »

http://njdtechnologies.net/the-ins-and-outs-of-filing-an-application-for-a-part-5-experimental-license-on-630-meters/
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:39 AM »

Is there any way to view this without requiring a password?

Mike N2MG
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »

Review the on-line form from the UTC website. Fill it out, wait 30 days you'll either be approved or not almost everyone has been approved.
https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/

Here is the FCC official order.
http://www.eham.net/articles/40106
Bill, AA2UK
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:13:23 PM by AA2UK » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: