The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G3TXQ Health  (Read 2182 times)
G3TXQ

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »

Hi all,

My Dad (Steve - G3TXQ) asked me to post this message on his behalf.  He wanted you all to know that he's in hospital with a tumour on the spine which has paralysed him from the waist down, and that he won't be contributing to any forum discussions for a while.

Regards,

Jonathan (Steve's son)
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 02:11:32 PM »

Jonathan,

Please pass along my best to your Dad. We have exchanged some private emails and he is a gentleman and a scholar in my book. My prayers are with him and your family during this trying time. I am often in Europe so if there is anything you need assistance with or if Steve would welcome some visitors just to break the monotony, please do not hesitate to ask or to mention - I make that offer in a most sincere fashion. I used to live and work by Bletchley Park so I am familiar with the route to the coast.

Let Steve know that we will try to stay on the straight and narrow here on the forum until he is able to return but not to leave us alone too long or we could go pear shaped...

If it is appropriate, keep us up to date on his situation. My private email is w9iq@arrl.net.

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »

Wishing your dad all the best Jonathan.
KD6RF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »

Please pass on best wishes Jonathan - and hurry back Steve!

VTenn Antennas
Bay Area Technical Equip Rental and Test Range
http://vtenn.com/Blog/
AC6LA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »

G3TXQ is one of the true titans of amateur radio.  His level of technical knowledge is surpassed only by his willingness to share that knowledge with others.

Best wishes to you, Steve, no matter which paths you may take next on life's journey.

Dan, AC6LA
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »

Please add our wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

We've been honored and educated by his participation and contributions here, and we hope to
have him posting again if and when he feels up to it.  But the important thing is to take good
care and get well.

GM3SEK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:28 PM »

Very best wishes from me, too. It has always been a pleasure and an enlightenment to read Steve's many contributions, and recently to work more closely as an editor.

Thank you for letting us know, Jonathan, and please keep us in touch.

Vy 73 from Ian GM3SEK
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 03:21:21 AM »

Jonathan:

Please pass on best wishes to your dad, and Steve get well soon and back to the Forums and don't give the nurse's a hard time.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: