The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something like hb-1b mk3 with Morse decoder and ssb?  (Read 370 times)
OH2KEN

Ignore
« on: May 06, 2017, 01:32:36 AM »

Out of curiosity I searched for a budget all-in-one "go anywhere, toss a wire antenna into a tree, try some cw" kind of very portable qrp hf rig, kit or factory built. I really like the Youkits hb-1b mk3, but would like some added features. An embedded morse key or the kind of very compact paddle found on the Elecraft kx2. Also an internal morse decoder. Why this decoder? Well, because for a newbie it's a good confidence booster, not a way to learn to read Morse code. That I can practice elsewhere in other ways to reach a basic proficiency. I have an acoustic morse MFJ decoder kit my father built, it works, but I am now thinking aloud about a compact rig without a lot of extra equipment to carry along apart from the transceiver and the wire antenna. Multiband would be nice. So would an internal antenna tuner. I am really looking for a cw rig, but ssb would also be nice. I have googled, read a bunch of qrp web pages, lots of eham and other reviews, but there is SO much out there and I have yet to find this mobile ops dream machine. Has anyone found it? Not with all above, naturally, that would be the very expensive Elecraft kx3. But something like the hb-1b mk3 and some of the above mentioned extras. As always, sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: