The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting users on moderation/ probation  (Read 39614 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2017, 11:36:20 PM »

Hopefully quite a few.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

Hey right quick.  This is a little off topic but you guys that posted that picture of whoever that was and then posted around it.  That was kinda bad to the bone.  It made me hear your text in a deep don't mess with me voice.  If I can figure it out I might try it with a Puppy picture instead.  Thank you very cool.   
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »

My subscription expires next month and I intend to let it.

I can see the tide has turned to the ridiculous with the blessing of management. I guess that draws more views and ad revenue.

Y'all enjoy yourselves.

Don N4TTS
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »

Don I hate to see you go.  You really have made a positive difference here but as with anything it is what it is.  Good luck my friend.   
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »

+1, Don.  But for one person in particular, this would be an entirely different forum.  

If you leave, he wins.
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »

I don't think it's just ONE person that is the problem and if he is gone all of a sudden the forums get transformed into nice.  It's a website that makes money they love this stuff.  I hate to see folks like Don go away but I think he may happier after he gets off this site.  One last thing, everyone that says that ONE person should be gone and then everything will be much better.  You are living in a dream world, the folks that comment on his crazy stuff are as much to blame.  They love it just like he does and E-ham loves it too.  It's the long game and it is brilliant.  Good thinking E-ham.   

Good luck Don!!   
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:17 PM »

One part of your post I agree with, PLANKEYE....as people like you who play sanctimonious and enjoy the KTN-like mayhem to jump in with inane drivel of no helpful purpose.  No standards, no class, just let the nutjobs rule the roost and jump in when it's time to call everyone else haters.

Got it.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2017, 06:45:16 PM »

BTW, head up to the Misc Forum and look around.  Except for that pretend topic he started, it looks pretty calm and back to normal, since he's taken a haitus for now.  Sorry, it's not target-rich for your posts at the moment.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »

Does probation or time out even work?  From what I have seen in the past years with certain individuals, is 'no'.  They just usually pick back up where they left off and the cycle begins again...hopefully, individuals like that on here will start doing better...can't say and don't care...but hoping for the best....
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »

Does probation or time out even work?  From what I have seen in the past years with certain individuals, is 'no'.  They just usually pick back up where they left off and the cycle begins again...hopefully, individuals like that on here will start doing better...can't say and don't care...but hoping for the best....

From my experience on another forum, the answer would be no.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »

Depends on the individual.  On another forum, sometimes when I warned someone, they took it to heart.  Others I ended up banning.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »

OK So when you 'banned' someone, did you feel you alleviated hunger somewhere in the world.

Just curious.

Kraus
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »

OK So when you 'banned' someone, did you feel you alleviated hunger somewhere in the world.

Just curious.

Kraus

Huh?
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »

I thought my posts were not so bad, I might not make as much sense out of stuff as some but I try.  Inane drivel I'm still trying to figure out what that means.  Well one other thing, if you had a group that reviewed posts before hand and banned folks this site would be cleaned up in heart beat.  I would be gone with my Inane drivel so would most folks here and the money.  I'm all for it.  Say when.  Good idea Tish!! 
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »

My only concern would be what or more to the point who's standard would be used. And would all the moderators maintain an even handed approach for everyone. It is just human nature that can cause lots of problems with any system of judgemental opinion being the rule.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: