The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamfest Damage Report  (Read 28829 times)
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »

While working for one of the Vendors at Xeina we had the drawing monitor just above our booth. I saw blocks of numbers (400 in size) that never came up. I wonder if the ticked numbers were sold in sequence.
W3HR

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2017, 01:47:39 AM »

Many grassy areas were heavily rutted and muddy and they reported over 300 vehicles had to be hauled out of mud. .... Had DARA picked a proper venue none of this would of happened. (apparently they have not learned much in 50 years)

I said as much on their Facebook page, and was met with: "Nah, it will be alright... (rationalization, rationalization...)"  Also mentioned my concern for total lack of air-conditioning (some of us older and handicapped hams need it).  DARA responded, "There's huge fans in the buildings that provide more than enough "breeze."  Then why did I hear so many reports that the heat was stifling in those buildings, just as I predicted... hummmmm?  At least you could go inside Hara Arena if you needed to cool off.  

Other than they being stubborn, there's no reason DARA can't take the hamfest to a large INDOOR venue... like Huntsville does.  Til then, I'm going to move my yearly trip to a "big hamfest" to Huntsville.

Without CW, it's just CB.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: