The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kenwood tm-710ga won't beacon in the shack!  (Read 2698 times)
K8CPA

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2017, 06:02:54 PM »

There's a catchy title that should grab some eyeballs.

Here's what's going on guys. I picked up a Kenwood TM - 710 Ga and I want to use APRS. Well, The Radio will beacon Just fine on APRS in the truck. GPS locks on works really good.

Here in the basement in my amateur Radio Shack is another story!  Angry

I think I've done everything except stand on my head and that thing won't lock on down here for nothing!

I understand why and I understand there is a solution to shutting off the GPS and manually entering in your information; which if the YouTube video I watched is correct...I did that.

But it will not beacon.... the GPS icon is solid and it will not Beacon at all. I can send messages but it won't Beacon!

I would pull my hair out... but I don't have much to begin with...  Shocked  so I need some help.  Undecided Sad

Anyone happen to know a solution to tell this GPS to set straight and fly right so that I can Beacon without having to rely on it to be flashing?

Many thanks & 73!

Chuck K8CPA
K8CPA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »

cancel this....figured it out
VE6MB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »

It would be good to know what your solution was...might help someone else out with the same problem.

My guess is you either:

Forgot to engage the BCON function, or
Your squelch was open causing the radio to hold the beacon TX.

73, Tino VE6MB
Calgary, AB
K8CPA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »

I am currently posting from my phone so I can't exactly cut and paste links. But if you go to YouTube put in my call sign in my YouTube channel should pop up and look at the video work tells how to disable the GPS in this radio and that is how you do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: