The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DK3 Screwdriver Antenna - W6AAQ  (Read 1495 times)
K0DPW

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »

Have been doing some research into the DK3 Screwdriver designed by Don Johnson W6AAQ - have been unable to obtain his book "40 + 5 Years of HF MOBILEERING" (found only one copy for sale on the internet, but it was priced out of my budget); however was able to obtain the essential construction excerpts therefrom. In these pages, he refers to the "160 mod" by K6RRC on page 93, which I don't have.

Does anyone have a copy of this info ? or a copy of the entire book they could make available.

Many thanks if so !!!

73  Smiley

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »

I don't know where you might find a copy of his book but I owned a DK3 screwdriver antenna which I used with an ICOM 706 MKII & it was by a long shot the best HF mobile antenna I ever used.I spoke with Don several times by email & by phone before he became SK & he was great guy.Thanks to him we have screwdriver antennas today because he really did start it all & has helped a lot of folks very wealthy & some of them very wealthy who build total garbage & they still call it a screwdriver antenna such as that POS Yaesu ATAS garbage.My DK3 worked from 6 meters to 80 meters & I had no complaints other than it was a pretty large antenna which is why I ended up removing it & trying several smaller styles made by other companies & they all fell far short of the DK3.  Cool

Clayton
W4KVW
K0DPW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

W4KVW thanks for the response - everyone that I'm aware of who has experience with Don's DK3 gives the same positive review you give - I'm considering using as a base (non-mobile) as some have done who, like me, can not put up "full size" HF antennas - want to use W6TWW's TENNAMATIC ( 73 July 1979 p.132) or Don's version of it ( QST Oct. 1982 p.15) but seems all the kits that ever were for these enhancements are no more, so its a build from the articles project, which will take me a while, but at least its a plan.   

VE3KJX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »

Have been doing some research into the DK3 Screwdriver designed by Don Johnson W6AAQ - have been unable to obtain his book "40 + 5 Years of HF MOBILEERING" (found only one copy for sale on the internet, but it was priced out of my budget); however was able to obtain the essential construction excerpts therefrom. In these pages, he refers to the "160 mod" by K6RRC on page 93, which I don't have.

Does anyone have a copy of this info ? or a copy of the entire book they could make available.

Many thanks if so !!!

73  Smiley

I have a DK3 I bought in 1998 and never used, and the books somewhere I will dig around.

slash at alberta02 dot com if you want to fire me a reminder email. Smiley
73, Smiley
VE3KJX
K0DPW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »

VE3KJX - Thanks for response, have had a few responses and although still don't have the book in hard copy I think I do have the 160m mod info I was seeking - but don't mind getting another copy.

Are you interested in selling the DK3 you have but never used ?

Feel free to contact me via email on my profile bio.

73 !!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: