The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: multi feqs for one station  (Read 7652 times)
KB2WVO

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »

ok how does that old preacher from NC i think.. have multi Freqs goin at once ? bein so many ways. does anyone know for sure what he is doing ?

N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:54:16 AM »

ok how does that old preacher from NC i think.. have multi Freqs goin at once ? bein so many ways. does anyone know for sure what he is doing ?

For the past most-of-a-century, it was entirely usual for International SW Broadcasters to use multiple frequencies at same time.

Different target parts of the world have different conditions on different bands. There may be two frequencies in use on one band at same time, pointed in different directions through different antennas.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »

Multiple transmitters, multiple antennas. 
KB2WVO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »

that one guy must have 20 of them puppies runnin at once. lol ... i hear him all over the dial .. almost hard not to get him lol
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »

And lots and lots of real estate. Grin

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 03:29:10 AM »

He obviously has the revenues to pay for the broadcasts, and as he believes he is the end time prophet, he has ample motivation to get out on as many stations as possible -- and obviously his followers feel just as motivated to provide the funds.

Not passing judgments on his religious beliefs either way -- just sayin'.
KB2WVO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 04:50:50 AM »

He obviously has the revenues to pay for the broadcasts, and as he believes he is the end time prophet, he has ample motivation to get out on as many stations as possible -- and obviously his followers feel just as motivated to provide the funds.

Not passing judgments on his religious beliefs either way -- just sayin'.

i guess its a " if you can do it why not" ..... lol ..maybe ill start up my own thing and say iam the ETP. wanna join.. cough choke spit lol ....
naa no judgement here.. was just wondering the TX side. wonder what they run.. be cool to see i guess.. even tho he is a recording lol ..
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 04:01:13 AM »

I can remember as a kid in the 60s listening on my old S-120 receiver and seeing how many of the listed frequencies I could hear at the same time for the same station. I remember some of the big power house stations would have 6 or more broadcasts going at the same time all on different bands. I also remember having a hard time getting up the next day because I would stay up very late at night just surfing the bands. SW was a lot of fun back then.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:15:58 AM by SWMAN » Logged
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 05:23:22 AM »

I can remember as a kid in the 60s listening on my old S-120 receiver and seeing how many of the listed frequencies I could hear at the same time for the same station. I remember some of the big power house stations would have 6 or more broadcasts going at the same time all on different bands. I also remember having a hard time getting up the next day because I would stay up very late at night just surfing the bands. SW was a lot of fun back then.

Indeed it was. Radio Moscow World Service -- it was everywhere.
KB2WVO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »

it is sad that then days are mroe or less gone.. hunting a station down. was fun... now.. its fun but not like the old days for sure..
old valve RX's had a sound all there own. .....
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 04:22:54 AM »

I remember going up to the local drug store and buying a copy of Popular Electronics for 50 cents. That would have all of the frequencies for all of the SW stations. From there I would try and find as many of the stations that I could. And yes, Radio Moscow would have several listings on many freqs all at the same time.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:36 PM »

Time on shortwave broadcasting stations is surprisingly inexpensive.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
KB2WVO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »

Time on shortwave broadcasting stations is surprisingly inexpensive.

no joke there... i called one for heck of it. i had a thought in my peabrain to have a hour show.. iam thinkin ... $1000's...
wow was i surpised when they told me the price... i could aford a hour a week... but then more i thought about the type of show.. i put it on the side for now..

i cant say price. as you never know what they do for pricing
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »

Last time I checked WBCQ was offering air time at $50 per hour.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »

Too bad some of the so-called "ham show shortwave broadcasters" can't get on a transmitter(s) that can actually be heard across the U.S. Maybe they need some PayPal love?

WBCQ is inaudible 90% of the time in S Texas metro areas no matter the time of day.  On the other hand, the preacher(s) freqs on the other outlets are 24/7 S9+ on one or the other or more all day long.

RHC is S9+15 on most of their frequencies at various times of day.

RCI is S9+30 most of the time on optimum freqs.

WTWW is solid

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: