The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox Changes  (Read 13341 times)
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »

Spotted your post today which coincidentally is the day I dumped IE on my w7 machine and decided to try  Firefox II.

I had been having a series of problems I couldnt explain or resolve with various ham websites like RBN,  that I had used in the past but suddenly werent working for me ( with IE.)

I also couldnt install Adblock for IE  which I had used before, then deleted to see if it was causing  my problems.  It wasnt.

But now with  Foxfire II I find everything is miraculously working.   Including Adblock.
So I am again a happy camper. 
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »

I just did a speed comparison of Chrome vs Firefox 57. After clearing all history and settings on both, Chrome takes 6 seconds to load eham.com and Firefox takes 4 seconds. I like Firefox for the first time ever...

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »

I just did a speed comparison of Chrome vs Firefox 57. After clearing all history and settings on both, Chrome takes 6 seconds to load eham.com and Firefox takes 4 seconds. I like Firefox for the first time ever...

If you want to make it even faster, try SpeedyFox to 'fine tune' it.
W0DLM

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 07:30:54 AM »

There are things about the newest version of Firefox that I like. The speed being one. But I absolutely HATE the way they changed the Bookmarks access!
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 07:33:40 AM »

There are things about the newest version of Firefox that I like. The speed being one. But I absolutely HATE the way they changed the Bookmarks access!

That's interesting. There are other good browsers out there, but Firefox is the only one that handles bookmarks the way I like it. Smiley
W0DLM

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »

"That's interesting. There are other good browsers out there, but Firefox is the only one that handles bookmarks the way I like it."

I did too. Until the latest upgrade to version 57, when they COMPLETELY changed it!
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:12 AM »

"That's interesting. There are other good browsers out there, but Firefox is the only one that handles bookmarks the way I like it."

I did too. Until the latest upgrade to version 57, when they COMPLETELY changed it!

Other than defaulting to another location when bookmarking a page, I did not notice any major change. I'm running the Developer Edition on my desktop. I'll check the laptop later, it has the standard edition.
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »

They DID change it.
They removed the bookmarks icon off the window.
I had to root through "Customise" to get it back.
My system is Linux Mint 18.2 Mate
I run with the absolute minimum toolbars/ un-necessary guff so as to get as much as possible on the screen

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

They DID change it.
They removed the bookmarks icon off the window.
My system is Linux Mint 18.2 Mate
I run with the absolute minimum toolbars/ un-necessary guff so as to get as much as possible on the screen

OK...I never relied on the icons. I prefer to use the menu bar.
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2017, 04:09:21 PM »

One thing I miss is Propfire. I miss seeing the current solar WX on my browser. Apparently the author needs to make some changes before Propfire will be allowed to run.

Will Rogers
K5WLR
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »

One thing I miss is Propfire. I miss seeing the current solar WX on my browser. Apparently the author needs to make some changes before Propfire will be allowed to run.

Will Rogers
K5WLR

Not the same, I know, but I use Solar Data, available at:

http://k9dur.info/misc_utilities.html

I also like UTC Clock, also there.
W0DLM

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:20 AM »

THANK YOU! I had not thought to look through the customize menu.
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2017, 06:19:40 AM »

Will Rogers
K5WLR

Not the same, I know, but I use Solar Data, available at:

http://k9dur.info/misc_utilities.html

I also like UTC Clock, also there.

Very cool. Thanks!  Smiley

Will Rogers
K5WLR
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »

Chrome takes 2 seconds here after running Defraggler earlier today; average data transfer went from 1.9K/sec to 5.9K. Dont have FF.

System is a Dell Vostro 630, Win 7 Pro 64, i5 quad core with an ancient 80 GB HD and 8 G RAM. Plan to go to a 500 GB or 1TB soon. as I only have 9 GB free space and a lot of files to transfer from a couple of XP drives.

Carl
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »

On my sons PC which is a Defraggled Dell Optiplex 380 with a Dual Core Duo, 8 GB RAM, and a fairly new 1 TB drive it is FF 2 seconds and Chrome a tiny bit longer at about 2.2 seconds.

FF does open faster
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: