The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tri-fuel adapter for the Honda EU2000i generator  (Read 7604 times)
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:35 AM »

Thanks for the hints. I keep a couple of tanks of mixed gas for my Stihl equipment. Also synthetic mix. Hopefully that will do the job.

When I am back in the US, I will pick one up and let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
N8TTR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »

Thank you every one for your comments.  I found them all informative and helpful.  While I have ordered the Honda EU2000i gas-powered generator, I have decided to wait on the Tri-fuel adapter.  At present it is intended for emergency radio usage and field day events.
73's  Mike, N8TTR 
W2ROD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »

There seems to be a lot of mis information in this thread about the EU2000 and the tr fuel kits that US Carburation offers for the EU2000 and other generators.

Please go to my QRZ'ed page and use my callsign "W2ROD" to see some of my different power backups I didn't picture here.

First off to answer the OP's question yes the EU2000 will run in eco mode or wide open mode if the owner so desires to do so. The generator will operate exactly the same on propane or Natural gas just as it does with gasoline.
The main reason you convert to tri fuel is to give you more options on fuels to use should one or more of the fuels become hard to find. Let's say gasoline is hard to find, then go looking for a Blue Rhino Cage at the local convienence store or grocery store or maybe a propane refill station.
Let's say you have natural gas at your house already and you thought ahead and installed a quick disconnect on the NG meter at your house or a NG stub out where you need it. Now you have NG being delivered to your house and you don't even have to worry about going out and sheathing for gasoline or propane.
It's all about options and being prepared for whatever comes our way during a natural or
manmade disaster.
These kits from US Carburation are simple to install and to adjust the air fuel mixture.
Once you install the kit, you will think it's magic it works so well
Call them on the phone and order for best results.
Get these parts for a better install. Tell the salesman these parts and have then suggest others that makes your install easier.
1. The proper tri fuel kit for your generator.
2. The hose length that you need to connect to propane or NG or both.
3. The propane regulator and OPD valve that screws on your propane tank.
4. A quick disconnect male and female that fits the hose and the regulator that's on the engine side.
5. Get the rubber caps that cover the hose ends and the generators quick disconnect. So as to keep bugs and debries out of the hoses and regulators.
6. For natural gas you need to either study on what you need extra or ask the salesman at US carb. You need to know your house meters pressure setting. And there are a few other things that need to be known to make sure you have all the right parts to do a install for NG.

My tri fuel EU2000 that gives me more options for fuels during a disaster.

My NG stubout for my Generator or grill.

The motor snorkel that is the simple adaptor that injects the propane or NG to supply fuel to the engine.

Simply take the air filter off and sandwich the motor snorkel between the air breather and carb.

Here is the airbreather installed and the motor snorkel installed. Ready to run on propane or NG.

The generators propane/NG regulator. You don't have to mount it on the gen if you don't want.

My tri fuel generator family.

My tri fuel Yamaha 3000 iSEB

My big gen I converted to tri fuel.

My big gen running on Natural Gas.

A home made battery charger I made that is now tri fuel.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:27:55 PM by W2ROD » Logged
KC9PWT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:28 PM »

i have a winco tri fuel that runs on gasoline /propane/natural gas,   it is a 10 kw unit, so it will rum my well pump refrig, freezer furnace etc,  i also have a harbor freight 850 watt that along with a 12 volt battery charger charges my 2 deep cycle batteries  that runs a long time on a gallon of fuel  5-6 hours.  i use the winco to pump from the well into a 250 gallon tote , then  a 12 volt rv pump to pressurize the plumbing,   recently added 2 100 watt solar panels and charge controller to charge the batteries on sunny days.  i can have running water all the time , as long a s i can pump from the well for  15-20 minutes.  also can use the extra capacity of the winco to run other appliances charge bateries lights , etc as needed to maximize power utilization .  i need to run the big generator a couple days per week depending on water use.  otherwise the battery solar inverter with small generator back up will handle most day to day stuff.  wife can do a load of laundry also when  the winco is running.

alex
K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »

Now, only if someone would come up with a Wood Gas kit, THAT would be VERY useful for emergencies, in MOST areas of the USA...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/01/wood-gas-cars.html

Those small 20-lb propane tanks don't fill themselves.  But Wood Gas ... now there are some possibilities...

Brian - K6BRN
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: