The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolling 2  (Read 9729 times)
N0XAX

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:07:31 PM »

The other thread was locked so I created a new one. What I wanted to say was, where is Stan when you need him...(smile)
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:16 AM »

Ever notice how calm the place gets once certain posters "take powders"?
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »

Yup. I know what you mean YX. Folks out there just can't leave well enough alone.

On 1.815MHz, Morse, 2200UTC. I dare you to meet me.

Kraus
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »

I dare you to put an antenna up for that band for me... Grin

Space: The FINAL frontier.

80 or 40 is more realistic, but I might be able to load one of my SWL slopers on 160 and get it to play.

MIGHT.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »

I dare you to put an antenna up for that band for me... Grin

Space: The FINAL frontier.

80 or 40 is more realistic, but I might be able to load one of my SWL slopers on 160 and get it to play.

MIGHT.

An inverted L is not too rough to get up for 160 if you have some sort of vertical support.  I am using a big cedar tree.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »

An inverted L is not too rough to get up for 160 if you have some sort of vertical support.  I am using a big cedar tree.
Too many other wires up here at the moment.

If/when I get serious about a tower and consolidating antennas onto it, I'll have a set of 160-30M slopers attached...and take a few of the others down.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »

YX,

What are you, a old man? Climb young fellow, climb. Is the sloper a dipole? Give it a try.
Let's dit-dit this afternoon.

UA,

An inverted-L eh? Seems folks use those more than horizontal loops or verticals. Why?

Kraus

PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »

N8YX

PLANKEYE

What I have witnessed is folks can't help themselves when certain posters don't take powders.  But the last thread that Tisha started you guys ran that in to the ground with no help from anyone, me KTN you folks could not be quiet.  Now yet another trolling thread.  What is going on here?       
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 04:46:31 PM »

YX,

What are you, a old man? Climb young fellow, climb. Is the sloper a dipole? Give it a try.
Let's dit-dit this afternoon.

UA,

An inverted-L eh? Seems folks use those more than horizontal loops or verticals. Why?

Kraus

I think ease of getting the antenna in the air is probably the main reason.  Much easier than either the vertical or the loop
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »

K0UA,

I had this inverted-L idea. 30 foot metal mast next to the house. Wire connected at the top then
extended horizontally by a suspension rope to a tree 100 feet away at the other end of the lot.

I could place the mast right next to the water copper pipe faucet for ground. Tuning unit and
coaxial connector in a box on the wall.

Or cross connect the sides of present horizontal loop. Convert the loop into a top hat. Thirty foot
tall metal mast up where the wires cross. Except I'll be about thirty feet from the water faucet.

WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »

I like the inverted 'L' idea if I can talk my neighbor into letting me terminate the horizontal portion in her 125' fir tree.

I want to put up my 80m loop but just can't find the time to do it until the rains set in. At least all the materials are here to do it now.

I did at least get up a 40m vertical 20' agl with 4 counterpoise wires to start. My 75m ocf doesn't like sharing the space at ALL.

However......

Back to the OP. Nobody likes trolls, so no wonder the reaction to them. Their sycophants are a close second too.

YES! Wonderful, isn't it?

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:01:36 AM »

WZ7U,

Work at night. And if she ever asks how that happened, say "Huh! I, I don't know. Let's call the F.A.A."

Kraus
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »

Definition of trolling:

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

For me, not much else to say, understand the concept of trolling, avoid when possible, don't take the bait and if I read or hear it, ignore and move on from it...
N0XAX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 01:10:24 PM »

Definition of trolling:

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

For me, not much else to say, understand the concept of trolling, avoid when possible, don't take the bait and if I read or hear it, ignore and move on from it...

A troll is a class of being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings.

Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings. Depending on the source, their appearance varies greatly; trolls may be ugly and slow-witted, or look and behave exactly like human beings, with no particularly grotesque characteristic about them.
N0XAX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »

I think the more proper terminology would be.......

instigator

Synonyms and Antonyms of instigator

a person who stirs up public feelings especially of discontent an instigator who always managed to be innocently standing by once the fighting began Synonyms demagogue (also demagog), exciter, firebrand, fomenter, incendiary, inciter, agitator, kindler, provocateur, rabble-rouserRelated Words demonstrator, marcher, objector, picketer, protester (or protestor); advocate, apostle, backer, booster, champion, exponent, persuader, promoter, proponent, reformer, reformist, supporter; alarmist, extremist, insurgent, insurrectionist, radical, rebel, revolter, revolutionary, revolutionist, subversive, troublemaker; goader, prodder, prompter, provoker; agent provocateurNear Antonyms peacemaker, reconciler, uniter
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: