The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: take a tour MFJ 45 anniversary live webcast  (Read 30179 times)
W5KUB

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »

Tues night (Oct 3) 8 PM central on W5KUB.COM is a special show on MFJ. Join us as we go through every MFJ company. See the process, meet the people. If you did not make it to the MFJ 45th anniversary, you will see it here. Martin F.Jue will be our special guest. Phone lines and chat will be open for your questions. We will give out prizes to some lucky viewers. This program audio is also simulcast on famous international shortwave station WBCQ on 5130 Khz. We invite you to join our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 07:12:54 AM »

I can't wait for the 46th year special....

'Quality Assurance and Control at MFJ - A Goal, A Dream, A Disappointment'
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 11:17:25 AM »

QYM,

I can wait. HA HA!

Great tagline.

Kraus
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 01:33:58 AM »

MFJ sure made a pile of money!!  Roll Eyes
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 06:33:04 AM »

Let me finish your sentence.

...off folks who don't know better.

Kraus
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:25 PM »

Let me finish your sentence.

...off folks who don't know better.

Kraus
      Like the ones who bought the Pet Rock?    Roll Eyes
N6MST

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:55:24 PM »

Why was it decided that it was a good idea to drag this thread up from the depths?
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »

Name one other American Amateur radio related company that has (not only survived but) been as successful as MFJ.

Martin is a highly respected businessman in the Starkeville area, not only for directly contributing to the local economy, but for his multiple civic achievements.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:52 AM »

My experience with MFJ, specifically Ameritron, has been most favorable.  Last spring, my 23-year old ALS-600 amplifier suddenly was only putting out only Half the usual output.  At the Dayton (XENIA) HAMvention, I spoke with an Ameritron rep asking if I could drive my amp to Starkville for repairs rather than shipping it.  I’m retired and driving there would be a days drive from Central KY where I live.  We agreed that the problem was most likely that two of the four MRF-150s had failed.  He said they could fix it WHILE I WAITED if I made an appointment ahead of time.  The appointment was made and my wife and I enjoyed a pleasant drive to Starkville.  We spent the night in a nice nearby hotel and early the next morning dropped the ALS-600 off at Ameritron along with a sick AL-811 I got from an old friend before he passed on.  Both amps were fitted with new finals, updates, etc.  and BOTH we’re ready for pickup by noon!  The cost of the repairs were most reasonable.  I met two of their amp techs who took me back and showed me all the work they did on the amps and put both units through the paces showing their performance. 

Bottom line, I was IMPRESSED with their friendly and knowledgeable staff and MOST IMPORTANTLY, their customer service.

Tom, KR4BD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: