The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-2000 serial to USB setup?  (Read 5647 times)
KG4NMX

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:26:12 PM »

I want to connect my laptop USB Windows 10 to the serial port of the TS-2000 and get MARS working. I believe this transceiver is already modified for the proper frequency ranges. Has anyone performed this exercise before?? Thanks Woody KG4NMX
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »

I bought a generic USB to RS232 cable from Amazon and plugged the DB9 directly into the radio.  Once I had the COM port assigned by the USB driver, I was able to get it to work with all my programs that offered a CAT interface to the TS2000.  If you need to extend the connection from the DB9 to the radio, make SURE that your extender cable has straight-through connections (i.e. Pin 1 to Pin 1, Pin 2 to Pin 2, etc.).
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »

To avoid driver problems, try to get a USB to serial adapter that uses the FTDI chipset instead of Prolific.

K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »

To avoid driver problems, try to get a USB to serial adapter that uses the FTDI chipset instead of Prolific.

Good to know as I tried to help a fella yesterday get the CAT going and we were unsuccessful.  He was going to pursue another cable, and we determined that the one he had just wasn't going to work.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »

Ditto on the FTDI. It seems solid. Prolific is dicey unless you buy name brand. Many of the "inexpensive" eBay Chinese finds are bootleg and will die randomly after a system update.

I've also had impeccable performance from the Tripplite Keyspan brand USB Serial adapters. The USA-49 4-port has been in the shack for years running legacy PCR-1000's, the FT-847, FT-857D, and Kenwood TS-140S with no hiccups. The single port USA-19 runs alongside the 49 no problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: