The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE YOU FROM MARS? PLEASE READ  (Read 55008 times)
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »

If 20% of the guys looking to do the MARS mod did it for MARS, then they would be overflowing with members. Most do it for 11 meters. Don’t kid yourself saying it’s not true.
Perhaps true to some extent but since the 630 meter band has become legal to make contacts some transceivers can actually TX between 472-479khz. The MARS mod allows this legal operation.
You'll need UTC approval as well in the US to transmit on 630 meters.
Bill, AA2UK
KA5ROW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »

Is it a Mars mod, or is it a CB mod, Disguise as a mars mod?!!!. Now if it would open up 630 meters to transmit I would try it. By the way why does the transmit stop at the exact spot the AM broadcast band starts +/- a little. I do not know of any mod that will let you. But now 630 meters is legal, someone will figure it out
MM0IMC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »

Is it a Mars mod, or is it a CB mod, Disguise as a mars mod?!!!.

That's why I'm against widebanding amateur rigs in most cases, as they often end up on 11m! Angry Around here, there are many hams who wideband their rigs to use on 11m and the RSGB and Ofcom couldn't care less! Angry I can understand widebanding a rig to work on say the new 60m allocations, etc. Once widebanded, some rigs I believe have problems with increased spurious emissions, etc. Shocked

There's an unlicensed individual locally who uses a brand new widebanded Icom IC-7610, Acom 1010, Heli PR781 and 6 element cubical quad on a 50ft tower, all for 11m. What a waste of good equipment!!! Angry
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:55:49 AM by MM0IMC » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: