The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest DX Phone Contest of the Season  (Read 1216 times)
N2MG
Administrator

« on: October 27, 2017, 05:21:59 AM »

For phone ops, this weekend is arguably the pinnacle of the DX contests:  CQWW

Work DX, give out (pseudo) signal report and CQ zone.

See http://cqww.com/ for details

Note that Sunday is easier for little guns to make EU contacts since EU will work EU most of Friday night and lots of Saturday.

Cheers!

Mike N2MG
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »

The CW segment of bands are being wiped out by extremely bad mannered, un-gentlemanly, SSB operators. Please can the log checking robot be programmed to give Zero points to anyone operating outside the recommended band?

Andrew
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

The CW segment of bands are being wiped out by extremely bad mannered, un-gentlemanly, SSB operators. Please can the log checking robot be programmed to give Zero points to anyone operating outside the recommended band?

Andrew

I assume you're referring to EU operators on 40-meters transmitting below 7.125 and either working each other (to get away from QRM from NA) or working split listening up to work NA stations. Nothing wrong with that. They're authorized to operate SSB in that band segment.
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »

Others reported SSB contesters down to 7028 without courtesy of QRL? 160 wiped out with OH0Z on 1813 and LA4C on 1832 kHz. However, I see the contest rules say "Observance of established band plans is strongly encouraged," rather than "is mandatory."
Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: