The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Configuring FLDIGI and WSJT-X to and FT-480HX ?  (Read 2298 times)
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:21 AM »

I broke out my CC and placed an order to HRO - Should be getting a package via UPS today.....

Good move.  We see so many horrible signals on the air recently.  Acoustical coupling is a horrible idea. As is direct connection. So many signals have buzz, hum, and of course the perennially favorite, the highly overdriven signal producing horrible spurs all up an down the band.  if you rig does not have its own builtin soundcard, then yes, spend the money and get a decent USB interface.  Using the computers soundcard, if it is the one shared with windows can work, but it it not ideal either. I get really tired of hearing all of the beeps and boop of windows let alone the "new state", "CQ" and other sounds of JT alert being broadcast on our FT8 frequencies.  Think it through people, and for pitys sake LISTEN to your own signal. use the monitor function of your rig.   

The time honored tradition of hams being dirt cheap, and "just get some wire" etc is putting a lot of crap on our frequencies. I am tired of hearing the TV blaring, the dog barking, and "hi honey Im' home" as the garage door closes being broadcast on the digital frequencies.   Spend some money and do it right.   What "might work" and what is right are two different things.
KW9WK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »

Got the Rigblaster Pro - and more confusion - Trying to figure out connections - DB9 rig control - Nothing particular to the 480 though -
Ugh!

Lenny, KW9WK, formerly AC9RN, formerly KB2NYA....
N1RVN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »

Unfortunately CAT control is sort of an after-thought with most amateur rigs, so configuring them is confusing to say the least.

Go back to the FLDIGI download page and look for a piece of software called FLRIG. See if you manage to configure that - it is supposed to make things a bit easier.

Also, you may want to find a user group (Yahoo or FaceBook) for your particular rig... I'm sure someone has already all this figured out.

Best de N1RVN

N1RVN
Ervin in Atlanta
KW9WK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

I currently went back to Square One with the RigBlaster Pro, downloaded Digipan and got the basics set up and functioning (kind of) tonight.  I was able to get some RF in the air, and discovered our washing machine has a life of its own.

20m is dead here in Northern Illinois, and I will play more tomorrow. 

At this rate, I should have all the bugs worked out around the peak of the next cycle...lol...

KW9WK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »

Got it done - Although I went with HRD and DM780, I am on 20 meters, PSK31, and the homebrew cobweb! Woohoo!

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: