The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 7300 Resets the bar of Ham RADIO.  (Read 9311 times)
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 08:06:44 AM »

Mtcradio had a one day sale for 1100. ICOM rebate and it's an even grand. Best deal (new+factory warranty) I could find.

I believe those were B stock, but a good deal nonetheless.

J
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 08:38:58 AM »

Audio reports..  Cutting technology,.. GAME CHANGER...  Blows away EVERYTHING WOW...TRUST ME ON THIS . DO NOT DOUBT ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ea0YpIigs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly9qcGUosRo 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLvYdSnF50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QblkQ-J6zio
KENNETH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »

Nope, not b stock. Factory fresh
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »

I just called H.R.O they are advertising radio @ 1349.95  they are taking another 50.00 off this price but just not putting this on there online webpage. This price is good till the end of the month and then take off additional $100.00 from icom rebate. Wow. I am also going to get additional 2 year warranty. Factory gives you 1 year warranty add 2 years for 149.95 = 3 years of worry free running. AGAIN WOW.. And then throw in free HEIL MICHROPHONE AGAIN WOW..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:05:14 AM by KC8KTN » Logged
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:47 AM »

Based on your reputation and past actions on here, I don't think that HRO needs, or even wants your public endorsement.

Shocked
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »

But they got it, nevertheless. Ungh.

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:25 AM »

A new person in the W.T.T.C. ND6M .Wow
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »

Based on your reputation and past actions on here, I don't think that HRO needs, or even wants your public endorsement.

Shocked
Maybe that's his secret agenda.

I've used an IC-7300.  It's nice.  For an entry level rig, it's nice.  I don't believe it "resets the bar" though, and there are many other rigs on the market today that will run rings around it. 

But for it's niche, it's nice.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »

A new person in the W.T.T.C. ND6M .Wow

It's a huge club of like minded hams, much larger than the KTN/Plankeye franchise. We call it WTHDHSN, or what the hell did he say now?   Wink
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

WOW. I am praying that Black Friday H.R.O will knock off some more money.Wow.Everyone have a safe day. Be blessed in all you do.. 73Zzz.
P.S.In my onion the ICOM 7300 WILL WIN RADIO OF THE YEAR AWARD..WOW..
I think Icom should have talked to the Wayne family and got permission to call it the DUKE 7300.WOW..AWESOME
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:29:10 PM by KC8KTN » Logged
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »

Every 7300 I've heard sound fantastic with just the stock microphone, so I suspect operator error comes into that. My friend in Los Angeles sounds excellent on his 7300.

Maybe if the receiver is non Icom it makes the difference?  Wink

No, having non Icom receive doesn't make a difference. When I listen to bad audio on 5 different rigs it isn't on my end!

As I said, seems suspicious that this "GAME CHANGING RADIO" shows up slightly used on a lot of on line swap sites.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »

I wonder if they are a great radio. I have seen a lot of them listed on the swap shops the past month or so. Some guys clearly stated they were not happy with the Icom 7300.  Roll Eyes

A couple of ops up my way have them and they do not have good audio. Now that may be operator error but their audio is not great.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you on that one.  I have been a ham for 52 years and in all that time the IC-7300 is the best entry level rig I have ever seen.  I have more radios in my basement than most hams have owned, I have rigs spanning from the 1930's to an IC-7600.  I have a Drake B Line, the R4B is legendary for it's audio.  I have been fortunate to have used an IC-7300 and the receive audio is as good as any radio I have ever used.  I have also worked quite a number of them on the air and they really sound great.  I seriously doubt that the IC-7600 will not sound at least as good.  

Not sure where you got your information from but you need to sit down at the table and operate one before you say the audio isn't good.  Also, every other new rig made in the last five years or so are all over the swap boards and given the number of 7300's that were sold I would say that the number for sale is a very small percentage.  Lastly, anyone who was selling a radio would never say it has crummy audio, unless they don't want it to sell.

I get my information from listening to a couple of guys on the air who are using them and sound brutal. This isn't my first time at the rodeo when it comes to listening to audio from rigs that doesn't sound clean and clear. As I said, most likely operator error. Some guys like to twist all knobs to the right!
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:45 PM »

How's it compare to a Flex?
W0WCA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »

Will someone please explain the difference between an "entry level" radio and a "real" radio?
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »

Will someone please explain the difference between an "entry level" radio and a "real" radio?

About $1000. Grin

Seriously, pretty much nothing today now that even a $750 radio is fully-featured other than a fancy video screen, and puts out 100 watts on all modes.  Not like Ye Goode Olde Days, where men were men and Real HamsTM operated CW on tube radios.

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: