The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Icom IC-7610 USA price is $4,000  (Read 12806 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2017, 03:51:30 AM »

Actually, I think QTH should have kept the ad up there...just for entertainment purposes. 

My fingers got ahead of my brain last night, it was QRZ.com.
The ad is still there this  morning for your entertainment:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-7610-new-in-box-shipping-box-never-opened.590781/

Stan K9IUQ
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:14 AM »

Actually, I think QTH should have kept the ad up there...just for entertainment purposes. 

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-7610-new-in-box-shipping-box-never-opened.590781/

Stan K9IUQ

Thanks Stan, that was interesting to say the least.  He warned people not to call him a jerk. Grin  That would be an understatement, the guy is a one day wonder no code general with a vanity call and an attitude.  What can you say?

If someone buys that radio for the price he is asking it will only reinforce my belief that there are some total idiots in this hobby.
WX0V

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2017, 07:39:20 AM »

Stan K9IUQ

Very nice. 

I see it's listed as "canceled" but it was still on the site in all its glory.  I took a screen grab for my personal enjoyment.

It still doesn't hold a candle to what's going on with the Nikon D850, but is good entertainment; especially the attitude.  You cannot accuse him of being bashful. Cheesy

Thanks for the find!
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2017, 08:04:52 PM »

That inflated demand reminds me of the "Tickle Me Elmo" insanity 15 years ago.  Artificially inflated demand and a mental perception of scarcity brings out the savage hunter-gatherer mentality and the savage gotta-have-it-at-all-costs approach.
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »

Stan K9IUQ

Thanks Stan, that was interesting to say the least.  He warned people not to call him a jerk. Grin  That would be an understatement, the guy is a one day wonder no code general with a vanity call and an attitude.  What can you say?

If someone buys that radio for the price he is asking it will only reinforce my belief that there are some total idiots in this hobby.

He may be a jerk but stop the ‘no code’ wonder stuff. I got my license after the code requirement was dropped also...does that make me inferior to those that got got their license before? And, btw, the only mode I use is cw.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2017, 06:42:11 PM »

Why not buy the Flex 6400M for $2995? Two SDR receivers. Twice the screen size and much more.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

Why not buy the Flex 6400M for $2995? Two SDR receivers. Twice the screen size and much more.

OK well please be sure and let us know when they will be available for purchase.  Icom 7610's are being delivered now, two receivers and no waiting. Grin    Flex is still dragging their feet waiting for funding.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2017, 10:45:08 PM »

OK well please be sure and let us know when they will be available for purchase.  Icom 7610's are being delivered now, two receivers and no waiting. Grin 

Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.  Grin
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2017, 04:51:29 AM »

Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.  Grin

Flex Lovers HAVE to wait,wait,wait. It is what they have to do. Wait until the new radios get funded by Reservation $$$. When Flex gets enuff $$$ they make a few. Then when those are gone, they start new Reservation funding for the next batch of radios. Fund,wait,Fund,wait. Or Wait, fund,Wait, fund.  Cheesy Cheesy

After a Flex Owner actually gets a radio, then they get to wait for software updates to get a full functioning radio.

Wait is an excellent and well used word by all Flex Lovers.

Stan K9IUQ
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »

Flex Lovers HAVE to wait,wait,wait. It is what they have to do. Wait until the new radios get funded by Reservation $$$. When Flex gets enuff $$$ they make a few. Then when those are gone, they start new Reservation funding for the next batch of radios. Fund,wait,Fund,wait. Or Wait, fund,Wait, fund.  Cheesy Cheesy

Well, at least Flex and Tesla have one thing in common then...

After a Flex Owner actually gets a radio, then they get to wait for software updates to get a full functioning radio. You don't have any valid arguments anymore, Stan, so all you're left with is hyperbole.

I haven't waited for any new functionality for my Flex-6500 for years. The only thing not there when I bought it was waterfall, and that was added in an update two weeks later. Everything else was there and it worked. You don't really have a valid argument anymore, Stan, so all you're left with is hyperbole.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:25:34 AM by W6UV » Logged
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »

Well, at least Flex and Tesla have one thing in common then...

After a Flex Owner actually gets a radio, then they get to wait for software updates to get a full functioning radio. You don't have any valid arguments anymore, Stan, so all you're left with is hyperbole.

I haven't waited for any new functionality for my Flex-6500 for years. The only thing not there when I bought it was waterfall, and that was added in an update two weeks later. Everything else was there and it worked. You don't really have a valid argument anymore, Stan, so all you're left with is hyperbole.

WHAAATT???  You paid that much for a digital radio and it didn't even come with a waterfall???  Shut the front door, Stan is right.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »

WHAAATT???  You paid that much for a digital radio and it didn't even come with a waterfall???  Shut the front door, Stan is right.

Here is some more K9IUQ hyerbole for all the FLex Lovers:

I forgot to mention that with Flexradio you also get the Privilege of paying for software updates. How much is $mart$dr Version 2.0??

"SmartSDR v2.0.19 is a General Availability (GA) release containing new features and fixes for SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for Maestro, SmartSDR CAT and DAX."

All owners of the Limited Edition (LE) FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500 SDRs or radios sold after May 19, 2017, have been pre-authorized for SmartSDR v2 and do not require the purchase of a SmartSDR v2 license.  To run SmartSDR v2 on all other radios requires the purchase of a software license for the radio.

Can anyone tell me how much Icom charges for software/firmware updates? I remember the great Version 2 update from Icom for my IC-7600. Don't remember how much it cost me...   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:33:50 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2017, 09:36:34 AM »

Stan, so all you're left with is hyperbole.

Another Great Feature of owning a Flexradio is you get to bond with your computer. Every Time Microsoft updates Win 10 you will get the opportunity to figure how to get your Flexradio working again..    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Unfortunately this is not hyerbole. Yeah, I read the official Flexradio Community Forums from time to time for jollys. Makes me feel good that I no longer own a Flexradio.

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:51:58 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »

Another Great Feature of owning a Flexradio is you get to bond with your computer. Every Time Microsoft updates Win 10 you will get the opportunity to figure how to get your Flexradio working again..    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

SDR rigs requiring a computer aren't for everyone, and particularly not for the computer illiterate.

Of all the Windows updates I've installed over the years, I've never had a single issue with SmartSDR breaking. Not one. And I've done some major Windows upgrades too--7 -> 8 -> 8.1 -> 10.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »

Of all the Windows updates I've installed over the years, I've never had a single issue with SmartSDR breaking. Not one.

I am going to start calling you Lucky Jerry. First you say you only waited 2 weeks to get that waterfall update. You neglected to mention that the waterfall update took forever to come and early 6000 series owners had to wait, wait, wait. But Lucky Jerry only waited 2 weeks.

Now Lucky Jerry never has a problem with Windows and his Flexradio.  On the first page of the Flexradio Community Forum I see a post: Have to manually uninstall/reinstall parts of SDR about 3 times a year after Windows update.  This is only one post of many about Windows and SmartSdr. Of course Bulldog Tim puts all the blame on Windows....

You are one Lucky Jerry..  Wink

You don't hyperbole do ya???

Stan K9IUQ

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:27:51 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: