The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRP Frequencies -- What's the solution?  (Read 4780 times)
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »

K3STX your being silly. No one is asking you not to use a frequency...   

You think I am being silly? Your entire premise is that there should be frequencies that should be "reserved" for QRP operators. Read what you wrote. You want "quiet" frequencies allocated for QRP operators. You even posted a picture of "respect the QRP frequencies" sign.

...     don't park one kHz below QRP frequency and say UP UP.

Why not? No frequencies are "reserved". I think K5LXP had it right, it's time to put on your big boy pants.

And I AM rock-bound with only a handful of crystals. Amazingly, none of them are on your "designated" QRP frequencies.

paul
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 08:36:34 PM »

You think I am being silly?
Yes I do, let's play spot the psychopath:

Why not? No frequencies are "reserved".

So let us all go 1 kHz below the DX Pedo and call CQ and "UP". That will be fun a new sport of UP UP. After all, we'll be on clear frequencies, and no frequencies are reserved. Thanks K3STX for an absolutely brilliant idea. I love it. I'm sure many others will too. The end of Pedos is nigh.

And I AM rock-bound with only a handful of crystals. Amazingly, none of them are on your "designated" QRP frequencies.

So let's have this confirmed so there is no doubt about it: you said you are rock bound and only have frequencies none of which are the IARU (not my) designated QRP frequencies. What frequencies are those? Confirm that you ARE in fact rock bound in that you do NOT have a VFO.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:20 AM »

I have two radios with VFOs (Kenwood TS-590S and Drake 4 line), but I rarely use them. I use the Kenwood for DXing cuz I still like the 5NN TU contacts with DXpeditions. I think I read that you don't like DXing like that, that is fine. To each his own.

My main radio is a homebrew MOPA, 50 watts out. I have crystals for 3550, 3535, 7028, 7035, 7056, and 7058. That's it. I thought the "designated" QRP frequency was 7040.

And yes, a DXpedition can park wherever they want (legally) and call CQ. They can say "up" till they are blue in the face, but it is MY responsibility as a caller not to QRM your QSO that happens to be in the "up" range. I just don't accept the premise that certain frequencies should be "reserved". But let's get real, most DXpeditions transmit at the low edge of the band, far from the middle QRP "region" of the band.

When I want to play on my radio if there are ongoing QSOs on the frequency of all of my crystals I turn off the radio and do something else. I could turn on my Drake and use the VFO, at this stage of my life I just chose not to use a VFO.

I don't understand the "new sport" you suggest I created. Why would people call CQ 1 kc below an ongoing QSO and then call UP? Lets say the "reserved" frequency for QRP is 7040 kc. If there is an ongoing QSO on 7040 it would not be very nice for DXpedition to call CQ on 7039 kc. Surely the pile-up will inpinge on the QSO. But if there is not QSO on 7039 or 7040 (after asking ask QRL?) then transmit on 7039 and GO. I don't see the problem.

Other than the fact that you seem to think 7040 should be "reserved" for a QRP op who MIGHT want to come on that frequency later and call CQ.

paul
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 07:14:28 AM »

And yes, a DXpedition can park wherever they want (legally) and call CQ. They can say "up" till they are blue in the face, but it is MY responsibility as a caller not to QRM your QSO that happens to be in the "up" range.
And if you are not the first to arrive, and there is already a pile up, which appear very quickly, just how are you going to do that? Let's get real: VK5EEE is the ONLY station I have EVER heard asking QRL? on an "up" frequency before calling a DXP. Your theory does not match up in practice, and I'm quite sure you're aware of that.

I just don't accept the premise that certain frequencies should be "reserved".
But they are "reserved" -- see the IARU band plans, the international beacon project frequencies, the QRP frequencies, and during disaster, the emergency CoA (Centre of Activity) frequencies. I ask again, would you, have you EVER, called CQ on 14100 since the IBP beacon reservation in the band plan? Silly question I know since you don't use your VFO radio other than to call a split DX. But before that, before you became happy to QSO  your regular pals on your fixed home brew valve set frequencies, I'm sure you did not. Yet, you don't hear those beacons all the time, but they are there. Same with QRP. What IS the problem in avoiding QRP allocated frequencies when you have a VFO and high power and plenty of other frequencies to choose from?

But let's get real, most DXpeditions transmit at the low edge of the band, far from the middle QRP "region" of the band.
Seems you have not been much in action, perhaps for many years now stuck on your six fixed frequencies on 80 and 40m. They do not use the lower part of the band only. VK9MA recently was using 10115 with UP and TO2SP was using 10116 with UP, and countless ones before them also use 10115 with UP, sometimes it's 10110, but rarely the bottom end of 30m. They prefer mid band for some reason even though 30m is a very narrow band, and we are a SECONDARY service and retain 30m only on the basis that we don't cause QRM to primary users or we can LOSE this band in future. For this reason as you know contests are not on 30m, again from IARU recommendation.

And as you know contests are less harmful than DX Pedo splits since contesters listen on their OWN frequency and would not stay on a frequency that is in use, since it will harm their success. Not so for DX Pedos. You KNOW ALL THIS because you are not stupid -- you are clearly only being silly as I pointed out before -- but stupid you are not. Unless the NIH employs stupid people and stupid people can clone things and mess around with chemistry -- I think not, I HOPE not. So it is really painful to have to explain things to you that you already know but pretend not to know. You have been in radio a very long time as have I, you and I both started with DX-100. So you are playing games it would seem.

I don't understand the "new sport" you suggest I created.
Why would you not understand what you already suggested? You clearly stated there is nothing wrong with parking below a QRP frequency (where you often won't hear QRP signals) and saying UP UP, hence, the same applies to parking below a DXP and saying UP UP, you can't have it one way QRO against QRP, but not the other way QRP against QRO.

Why would people call CQ 1 kc below an ongoing QSO and then call UP?
That is the question *I* have been asking all along, now you ask the question? And as you know that is EXACTLY what DXP do.

Lets say the "reserved" frequency for QRP is 7040 kc. If there is an ongoing QSO on 7040 it would not be very nice for DXpedition to call CQ on 7039 kc.
You don't say, and isn't that exactly what I've been saying from the start but which you earlier said is JUST FINE? What you are pretending is that 1) DXP check the frequencies above them and/or 2) that DXP philes check their frequencies with "QRL?" before calling the DXP, 3) DXP have some magic method to hear QRP with a 30dB difference in signal strength due to power and antennas, none of which are true.

Surely the pile-up will inpinge on the QSO. But if there is not QSO on 7039 or 7040 (after asking ask QRL?) then transmit on 7039 and GO. I don't see the problem.
Again you are pretending to be stupid, not just being silly. You know you cannot hear QRP much of the time, let alone QRP to QRP at an even further location, yet, both are going to hear your QRO, and most importantly, both, ALL, are going to be swamped by 100 QRO all calling in a pile up all over the QRP CoA range. You know also they do NOT do a "QRL?" other than on their own DXP frequency, and I've seen some do not even do that, I've been there right at the start. They have a schedule published on the web and they stick to it. The fake police will soon clear the frequency, and the DXP by giving an UNLIMITED AND UNSPECIFIED UP could nor care less about ANY QSO taking place anywhere up, because they KNOW their pile up will materialize and no one will ask "QRL?". And even if they did, which they do not, as 99% of DX Pedo Philes believe the DX Pedo has given them the go ahead and that's all they need, well, there is already a huge pile up so why bother to ask QRL? who will answer you? The pile up which is not listening there? Or the QRP that are buried below that QRO pile up? Seriously, you want me to entertain you by explaining what you must already know, isn't that psychopathic games you are playing?

Other than the fact that you seem to think 7040 should be "reserved" for a QRP op who MIGHT want to come on that frequency later and call CQ.
I think this has already been answered and I think you already knew the answers. Perhaps you are pretending you don't know that QRP means low power, and that a signal with 1kW at S7, above a noise level of S4, at your station, means that a 1W QRP station would be 30dB down, thus, 5 S points down, thus S2. You will NOT hear the QRP station AT ALL, and the QRP station will hear you with S7, over the top of the other QRP station it is working with up to S6. How did you get your license, let alone a job as a scientist at the NIH if you don't know these basics? Truth is YOU DO KNOW you are just trying to mind f#ck and pretending to be ignorant. THIS is why from the outset I said you are being SILLY.

EDIT: and does anyone advocate sending CW on the fixed WSPR bands? WSPR use 5W and less, it is QRP data. E.g. 10140.1 to 10140.3 -- CW is allowed to transmit there, but WOULD you? WHY would you do that? You'd soon get lots of emails from WSPR users complaining. Well why would you do the same to CW QRP frequencies? Or Beacon frequencies? Have you REALLY not heard of these band plans and do you REALLY not know the reasoning behind them, and hence the sticker I posted earlier? Do you REALLY not know why QRP and beacons need protection? Do you REALLY not care? Do you REALLY not know the science behind it as explained above? If not, HOW did you get that amateur radio license? 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:30:27 AM by VK5EEE » Logged

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »

Lou , you made a good point about WSPR frequencies - and for that matter, the "PSK" frequencies - I rarely hear "Special" stations in there causing mayhem, yet the U.S. 40 meter QRP calling frequency has been changed at least three times that I am aware of (7060, 7040, 7030...) because of QRM from RTTY and other reasons. 7030 is a terrible choice, for the reasons that you mention.

As for the 'semi-contesting' on 30 meters: I'd like to eliminate all 'split' on WARC bands and leave it at that... What other single operating mode takes-up 15-20-30 or more KHz in a 50 KHz band?

ALL of this is easily solvable:

Do not interfere with a frequency already in use.

However, good manners and common sense are both in short supply.

73 de Ray  ..._  ._

Ps, and there is no Q-signal that can do this - or the noise would soon cease.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:26:57 PM by W7ASA » Logged
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »

Ray where did you get a picture of my fist from? I better cover the camera hole with some sticky tape, the Internet is dangerous. I won't disclose who that is in the picture, but he knows who he is and it seems you know too. He looked different as he had too many tablets combined with cheap whiskey.

There IS a code for that, I supposed, it is the old "!" --..-- drawn out with -- . . -- for emphasis. International swear word/insult/punch/insert-the-worst-words here. Was used in the maritime radio service. Any other sparks recognise it, or used to hear it and didn't know what it meant? Now you know!

I used it just yesterday. I used it, as it is the only real way to swear in CW without breaking our on-air CW Gentleman's Code.

You make an excellent point: what OTHER mode is as WIDE AS CW ON 30M when a "DX" uses UP (unspecified and thus unlimited split)? NO OTHER MODE that we use, not even the FM mode which is banned below 29MHz. So WHY can't we use FM on 30m? EXACTLY.

If you agree with all the others who are putting their calls to commit to no unnecessary split on 30m, please join up at 30cw.net.

Let's remind those who forgot what they studied to get their licenses, about bandwidth (all ballpark figures):

CW: 0.02 kHz (depends on speed and signal purity, QRSS much much less, QRQ more)
CW Contester: 0.03 kHz
CW Broadcast: 0.02 kHz
PSK, WSPR: 0.01 kHz
SSB: <3.0kHz
SSB Broadcast: <3.0kHz (or 9 kHz in the case of Australia WIA which uses THREE frequencies on 30m)
SSTV: <3kHz
AM: <6kHz
NBFM: <15kHz
CWDX: >30kHz

Contest are banned on 30m, SSB is banned on 30m, broadcasts are banned on 30m, SSTV is banned on 30m and wide digital modes are generally banned on 30m. Unattended operations are banned on 30m. Not listening to your OWN frequency is banned on 30m (especially so since you may receive a QRT request from a primary service) yet DX Pedo-Philes (the callers of the DX Pedos) are not listening on their frequency, which is why us QRP stations have to go to the frequency they ARE listening on to ask them to QSY when they make QRM -- which unfortunately is the same QRG the DX Pedo is transmitting on, and thus the other elephants all jump in and cause a stampede and the DX Pedo gives up and goes away. Whoever said the power of doing the right thing, even by ants, is not a good thing.

BUT SPLIT has been overlooked by the IARU completely, and perhaps because there is a DX Pedo/phile right at the helm in Regions 1 and 2, who advocate and defend the indefensible. If VK5EEE with his Hungarian logic says something is indefensible, it must be  Angry

50 kHz is a narrow band even more so when you consider that during sunspot minumum 30m is THE optimum amateur radio band for 24 hour propagation, and with the most hours available for DX. Moreover, only less than 30 kHz is exclusive to CW, I say less, because there are primary services and even larger number of pirates using the bandwidth. Yet, a DX Pedo consumes 30 kHz or even more!!!

Recently 3 DX Pedos once again took up the entire band: I believe they were all VK9 stations. No wonder, since the ACMA Australian Criminal Malignant Association, no sorry, Australian Clowns and Mental Association gave them licenses, along with VK0EK and others, to once again wreck havoc without restriction. One was parked at bottom end with UP UP, one at 10110 with UP UP and one at 10115 with UP UP, so the pile up was across the entire CW "exclusive" band.

It is happening more and more often as now stations are getting licenses for long or special callsigns such as VI1000DOTARD and FU9999CKU or OK934PRAVITNA to celebrate the 934th anniversary of the foundation of the village of Pravitna, population 236 in 2017. And inadequates with psychological inferiority complexes want to feel the power of the psychopath with gaslighting massive pile ups and the sense of pleasure it gives them to destroy every other QSO on the band and boast about the size of "their" pile ups.

"My operation to K5P resulted in 50kHz wide pile up on 30m!!! If only we had 100kHz I'm sure I could have created a pile up 100kHz wide!!!"

And as usual those suffering cognitive dissonance who are under the spell of the psychopathic abuse will point their fingers: "VK5EEE came onto the DX frequency and caused QRM by asking AB1DEF and ZY9XWV to QSY, giving his callsign in the process!" instead of "23 different LIDS came onto the DX frequency and ended the DX operation on 30m, because they all responded to VK5EEE legitimate request for some stations to QSY who were causing QRM up the band, and instead those UNIDENTIFIED stations shut down the DX Operation".

And NO, a DX Pedo does NOT have any MORE right to cause deliberate QRM than any other licensed operator, they have the SAME license restrictions that we do. Nor do they have the moral right. Nor does ANY one aspect of this diverse hobby have the right to impose its unrestricted "freedom" upon others and thus take away their freedom to exercise their own aspects of the hobby. THIS is why we have to sit and exam to understand bandwidth, QRM, and frequency allocations.

Maybe it is time to publish a name and shame list of DX Pedos who violate the radio regulations, and/or publish a list of those great DX Peditions who do NOT operate split, or at most an "UP 1" and/or specify exactly where they are listening while at the same time having, as required, a receiver on their own TX frequency. It sure is high time for the DXCC to be taken to task for the damage it is doing since it has become devalued and open to cheating, thus depriving those who have this with endorsements and obtained this through honest hard work. Certainly the DXCC should stop accrediting WARC band "DX", and CW that is not CW. Time for a REAL DXCC.

TO2SP was on 10116 oblivious to a two-way QRP QSO taking place in VK, causing QRM, using high power, and chose the QRP frequency to do so, and a good example of a REAL DX with proper skill and procedure was HR9/K1XM not using split on 30m, using 10106. This was once the QRP frequency which the IARU relocated to 10116. It seems it may be an idea to relocate it to 10126 and for national societies that have been promoting unlimited DX Pedos to fund any conversions for any rock-bound QRP rigs.  Roll Eyes

No... LouEEE.... this is not the way: don't budge as if you give an inch, they take a mile. We already moved it once, when will it stop? No, instead, let us all follow the example of VK5EEE to inform those that cause QRM, on the frequency they are listening on (which happens to be the DX Pedo who is usually BELOW the end of the wide pile up) and/or the example great idea of K3STX which is to go e.g. 10000 mHz or exactly 1kHz BELOW the DX Pedo, check a few times with QRL? and if free, call CQ and end with UP (unspecified), or, if you ARE listening to the DX Pedo and want to follow K3STX advice that there is no such problem, specify "UP 1".

Personally I think the idea of the UP 1 is not a good one as it is causing deliberate QRM to the DX Pedo, two wrongs don't make a right. And perhaps K3STX also made a simple human mistake when putting forward this idea, and later seemed to back track on it, so if you follow the advice, it is YOUR decision and YOUR wrong doing. I think the VK5EEE solution is best: don't keep moving each time you get hit by a pile up, let the DX Pedos dig their own graves, you simply assist them with a small shovel along side, by making a list of all the callsigns that swamped and ended your DX QSO without checking the frequency, and then go to where they are listening, and list them all, de YOURCALL, LID QSY QSY UP1 (or UP 9 whatever) IS QRL. The elephants with the big shovels will then do the rest.

N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »

5EEE, this probably isn't the best idea in the world but it is a damn good one especially with a good beam and lots of power.
Art
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »

Yes Art, so far I haven't seen better solutions, but I've been asking for a long time. I published the results of an experiment that lasted only a few minutes, to ignore the illegal "UP" request and respond to the DX on or near his frequency, using full QSK. The result was, as the recordings and transcripts show, dozens of unidentified stations becoming angry with the victim of QRM (myself in this case) and unlike me, not using QSK, and/or not caring to QRM the DX Pedo, transmitted constantly over the top of him, because they knew I was only listening when the DX was transmitting. In their unrestrained self-rigtheousness wanting to say "UP UP" as if VK5EEE could not hear the DX, they could only do so when I was not transmitting, i.e. when the DX Pedo was transmitting. Just beautiful isn't it: they killed themselves within minutes, the Pedo had to give up, the pile up disappeared, and we could all return to our DX QSOs with more than a 5NN UP.

That did not take any power nor any big antenna, it just took one station to do the right thing, inform the QRM stations as above post explains, and then the UNLIDS (unlicensed idiots) did the rest with their big beams, high power. I think I should publish the recording some time, it is very instructional and shows the way how Pavlov's Dogs respond and put paid to the DX Pedo and once the Pedo is gone, so is the pile up. Extremely simple and effective. Now, imagine if not only one station does this, but ALL the stations that had their QSOs interfered with by the pile up? There will be NO MORE DX Pedos using split. They'll have to come up with a better solution. I DO KNOW better solutions for them, but I'm not going to publish the solutions that I know of and have not seen disclosed anywhere else, for THEIR benefit! I'm only disclosing the above solution for OUR benefit. If they want to know how to do it they have to wait for VK5EEE P5 watch and learn, or, they have to spend some of their big $$$ budgets paying me a consultation fee.

I think more hams are starting to see this as the solution (to go on the frequency the pile up is listening on and to call each of the QRM stations in the pile up to ask them to QSY) and really, it only took the small boy LouEEE to say "Look! The emperor has no clothes!!!"

ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »

If QRO is so effective as QRP enthusiasts claim, there would not be any need for any "special" frequencies.

Whats next a  special "frequency" for mobiles and portables?

Then lets not forget the CB call channel mentality where new hams want to arbitrarily assign "call channels"  These channels just become a magnet for idiots and LIDS.  VK5EEE will know about this, I remember calling CQ on 28490 and some idiotice VK6 station with CB amplifier came back and said he would not speak to me on 28490 because it was a "call channel" I  will respect the international bandplan But I wont  support 1 minute brilliant ideas by people who want recreate CB channels on the ham bands. I just QSY'ed  rather than dealing with this ignorant mentality that forgets that the ham bands are international bands not the CB preserve of 1 country.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 04:36:20 AM »

The easiest thing for me is changing bands/frequencies or antenna direction.

The best thinking seems to come from W1 land today, two sensible comments, but still not a solution. Eg. many of us don't have antennas to change, nor frequencies, let alone bands, when QRP /P or even at home.

Yes indeed, I'm one of the more fortunate QRPers, I'm frequency agile with my 3 MFJ Cubs 20/30/40M, My DYU 20M Hex beam with an Armstrong rotator and 2 dipoles offset 90* controlled by a SPDT hand switch.
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 05:38:28 AM »

What ever happened to ham radio when everyone got on with whatever they wanted, could afford or simply wanted to use and had at it?

When I entered Hamming in the 60's it proved to me to be a "gentleman's game". Today it seems to have taken on the "entitlement" aspect where we are entitled by our constitution, (or whatever), to what we want.

The wife and I were in a restaurant a while ago and, as was the custom, I held her chair for her, pushing it in as she was seated. I went to my chair and noticed a "youngster" seated at a nearby table watching us with his mouth wide open as if he didn't understand the politeness of my actions.

In a stage "whisper" I said, "It makes people think that this old couple's just dating!"  The place went into an uproar!! (I guess everyone saw my actions! Hi.)

This generation has been given the entitlement attitude by our government and has turned into "grasshoppers". (And, no! They won't understand that one either, I'm afraid. It just isn't taught any more.)

Charlie
K3UIM
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:49:02 AM by K3UIM » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »

Charlie, ENTITLEMENT is the word I missed!  That describes it entirely...with just one word.

Very good!
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »

Even during this weekend contest activity I was able to enjoy CW QSO's with low power on the upper
   portion of 40m at 7115. I think contest rules which restrict contest activity to just one portion of a the band
   is a very good idea. I would hope it to become more common.

If "inclusion" is such a grand new idea or philosopy then it needs to also be applied to amatuer radio.
   So, us non-contestants would be "included" during the contest but on a seperate section of a band.
   Yes, I understand WARC bands are there for that purpose but I still would like to feel "included".
   Sounds petty and selfish I know but I'm taking a poke at New Age Philosophy at the same time.
   Besides, propogation on the WARC bands and power restrictions being as they are make 30m less appeal than 40.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »

30m is actually great for QRP though and a bit easier than 40m, given the antenna height gives lower angle. Just now, an hour before local sunset, I had the following long path on 530m with WSPR 3W: PI9ESA, DK4RW, LX1DQ, EA1FAQ, EA8BFK, EA8BVP, SM0EPX, OZ7IT, F1LFT, F5OIH, DF4UE. All within a half hour or so. Antenna here was simple dipole (short doublet 2 x 6m) up 9m broadside to Europe.

On CW I had QSO with JL1MUT on 30m with the QRP 3W or a bit less, on 10149, no QRM there. So 30m is really good for QRP DX.

The political crazy system and slogans like "entitlement" and "inclusion" are of course meaningless and selective, they are not for all. On amateur radio however, we should be entitled to use whichever aspect of the hobby we like without unnecessary restriction by other aspects, and we should thus be included in ham radio. So, QRP, as explained earlier with a scientific example (though it should be obvious) of course should be having its own "priority area" of the band, even it is just 1 kHz, but these days it most often isn't.

It's just plain ignorant for those QRO so dismiss that right for QRP to have their priority frequencies, as put in the IARU band plan world wide, just as it is for contests not to be having some restrictions (which they generally do), the only aspect of amateur radio that has no restriction at ALL within the bands, these days, is QRO CW DX unspecified and thus unlimited split, they believe in ENTITLEMENT?

Collateral damage became an acceptable concept, and selfish "me, me, me only me" attitude is now widespread. The only ones who cannot do that are QRP SSB and QRP CW, but then again, we've now learned how we CAN in fact do that, by simply getting into the ear of one or two elephants, who then cause the entire herd to stampede. IN fact, if the pile ups wipe out the WARC bands too often, this can be a new QRP hobby: see how long it takes to cause the elephants (sorry, elephants are intelligent and considerate, so it is not a good comparison!) to stampede and shut down the DX Pedo.

One small QRP saying "the emperor has no clothes" e.g. by calling out the QRM stations one by one on the frequency that they are listening on, which unfortunately happens to be the DX frequency that the DX is NOT listening on, but it is their fault for not specifying and not limiting the split, so such operations deserve to be shut down, no matter how many dollars went into their event, if they're wiping out an entire band for an entire weekend, well wipe them out back!

Win Chun does just that too, developed by a small Chinese lady I believe, it uses the strength of the opponent, not your strength, to break their arms when they punch you. This new "shut down a DX Pedo" by QRP stations can easily become a fruitful exercise that will force those few DX Pedos (their word, not mine!) to reconsider their activities that are inconsiderate and come up with better practices.

N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2017, 02:50:45 PM »

Quote from: VK5EEE link=topic=117756.msg1034353#msg1034353 date=151097979

[quote author=K3STX link=topic=117756.msg1034347#msg1034347 date=1510978307

Why not? No frequencies are "reserved".

So let us all go 1 kHz below the DX Pedo and call CQ and "UP". That will be fun a new sport of UP UP. After all, we'll be on clear frequencies, and no frequencies are reserved. Thanks K3STX for an absolutely brilliant idea. I love it. I'm sure many others will too. The end of Pedos is nigh.

[/quote]

You forgot to mention the CQ should be RTTY at full legal limit!  LOL  Grin
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: