The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRP Frequencies -- What's the solution?  (Read 5264 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »

Quote from: VK5EEE
...     don't park one kHz below QRP frequency and say UP UP.

Why not? No frequencies are "reserved".

Quote from: VK5EEE
So let us all go 1 kHz below the DX Pedo and call CQ and "UP". That will be fun a new sport of UP UP. After all, we'll be on clear frequencies, and no frequencies are reserved. Thanks K3STX for an absolutely brilliant idea. I love it. I'm sure many others will too. The end of Pedos is nigh.

You forgot to mention the CQ should be RTTY at full legal limit!  LOL  Grin

Now there's an idea, since we don't have respect for QRP frequencies nor band plans, here in VK WIDE BAND modes ANY mode is allowed anywhere between 10100 and 10150, we could always do that too. Perhaps DX Pedo need to think about talking to us about finding a solution to this unlimited pile up problem that frequently repeats itself and is making many others unhappy. We need a new DX Code.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:30:33 PM by VK5EEE » Logged

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »

DX Pedo??? Whazzit?
Charlie
(Been away)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »

DX Pedo??? Whazzit?
Charlie
(Been away)
I first heard it used by the fans of "DX Expeditions" probably VK hams. VK people like to make everything short: "Rego" = Registration. "Maccas" = MacDonalds. "Telly" = Tell-lie-Vision (TV). Anything bad, that like to endear to themselves by inventing an affectionate name. So they invented "DX Pedo" as an affectionate name for DX Expedition.

To the rest of us "Pedo" is short for "Pedophile" which is an (often sexual) attraction to children. Since this is the common used word in VK (not endearing though) for Pedophile, it is strange they should wear this word with pride when talking of their beloved DX Peditions.

So, I just took up that word but I used it to describe the (sometimes but surely not always inadequate) folks who are at the DX end of things, particularly those that receive big funding from rig manufacturers (which also undermine us by making CB rigs to cover from 12m through 10m) to visit remote uninhabited rocks in an ocean, or worse, an island or country which is already fairly rare but on the air from locals, who are there year in and year out, indigenous, and the DX Pedo arrives, gets a license for 1kW or more (unavailable to locals), a callsign that is short (and unavailable to locals) by bribing the local version of our own incestuous ACMA into giving them such licenses.

The DX Pedos then make tens of thousands of contacts during a few days or a week or so, with pile up covering the entire 30m band and more than 30kHz on other bands, worse than contests which take up only one frequency each, prevent the rest of us from having many DX QSO, say "TU UP" and "5NN" often do not even exchange a greeting, leave behind garbage, their shit, don't leave a single extra licensed ham from the locals, and devalue that DX entity for all the locals for a great many years to come! Pedo seems a fitting word to describe such selfish psychological inadequates who want to feel the power of the biggest pile up possible, but it's a word they chose.

I've found that DX Pedos (the operators of such "expedition$") and their followers (the DX Pedo-philes) i.e. this is Greek for the lovers of the Pedos, are their own worst enemies and the way to find back against their psychopathic behaviour is to simply use "Win Chun" and/or pick up a small hand shovel and stand along side them while they do they big hard work digging their graves.

Thanks to a suggestion by K3STX on how to deal with QRP frequencies (go 1kHz below and say "UP") something I don't agree with since I think a QRP frequency should be respected, and my own suggestion of how to give the thirsty QRO big shovels a little drink of water, I think more and more people, are learning how to bring such QRM to an end. Quite simple and effective really. I have an audio recording and a transcript showing exactly how it is done, and it ended the DX Pedo-Phile QRM very swiftly indeed.

Of course, giving my callsign and doing the right and legal thing, I was made to be the villain, but the facts prove otherwise: the DX Pedo is brought to an end not by your simply having to go onto the DX Pedo frequency to inform the numerous stations in the pile up that are causing you QRM, sending a list of their callsigns and asking them to QSY, but by the Pavlovian reflexes of the numerous inadequate DX Pedo-Philes (no doubt sharing a similar psychological inadequacy with the non-DX Pedophiles) who, since they are illegals, don't give their callsigns, but all come up in increasing numbers incensed by your doing the right things, and then start sending repeatedly things such as VK5EEE LID QSY VK5EEE (INSULTING WORDS) VK5EEE UP UP UP LID (or VK3IM or whoever else is informing the QRM to QSY), and in no time the DX Pedo gives up, and then the entire pile up is gone and we can carry on our numerous REAL DX QSOs again.

Another way to cause the elephants to stampede (though this is NOT our intention) is to ignore an illegal request to use a large split on 30m, and not to listen constantly on your transmit frequency, a legal requirement especially on the 30m band where we are SECONDARY users to the Fixed Service) and to call the DX when they are listening up, by calling them up 10Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz, and even though this is no problem, for some reasons the DX Pedo-Philes come out in force and do the same as per the above scenario.

Yet another way to put paid to the problem, is to comply with their request after doing the above, and QSY to 500 Hz BELOW the DX Pedo, out of the way of the pile up, and out of the way of the Pedo and his Philes, but especially VK "DX Pedo-Philes" will rejoice in chasing you down the band and asking you to QSY each time you ask QRL? So, finally you have to return back to your original frequency and then the entire thing begins again, if the Pedo is still there.

Until the DX Pedos work with everyone to create a realistic and modern version of the DX Code, i.e. "do NOT use split more than a few hundred Hertz", "Do NOT answer calls more than 1 kHz away on a major DX Pedition", "do NOT publish your frequencies on the Internet", "do NOT encourage spotting", "do NOT make use of remote stations with any time lag", "do NOT use anything less than QSK", "do NOT cause other DX QSOs QRM", "do NOT make any transmissions on a new frequency without identifying with your callsign", "do NOT transmit if you are not also listening on your transmit frequency", "do NOT call a DX station without also giving the callsign of the DX station", "do NOT work any form of split without identifying exactly which frequency you are listening on".

Don't worry I'm one of the younger CW OPs these days, so I plan on being around long enough to see such a DX code in place, and just as importantly, a REAL DXCC to replace the now devalued one of the internet-assisted cheaters and without any real exchange required of an amateur radio station i.e. a true signal report. FT8 now takes care of those types as it does it all for them. They should use FT8 and not CW. REAL DXCC would be open to human manual modes, including SSB and CW, must include testimony that no remote Internet nor alerting or remote receivers/transmitters were used (those would have a separate category), MUST include a real RST report, and 599 MUST be handwritten and include additional comments such as "Great signal Bob!", must be hand signed, and must be certified by REAL DXCC board that the DX Expedition did not harm any local hams (including devaluing an already existing entity) otherwise, they can do their pile ups and qualify for the cheap ARRL DXCC but they would not qualify for the REAL DXCC.

The REAL DXCC would be retrospective, so those who can prove they meet the above criteria, would obtain a REAL DXCC, but this one would be a source of real pride, just as the ARRL DXCC was a long time ago. The DXCC WARC band endorsements or qualifications would be stricter: no split, and at least an exchange of more than a report, or, hand written greeting on the QSL card which has to be a physical card, in order to discourage the "5NN UP" QRM on WARC bands. These are all possible future solutions to the DX Pedophile problem.

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 05:56:02 AM »

Thanks to a suggestion by K3STX on how to deal with QRP frequencies (go 1kHz below and say "UP") something I don't agree with since I think a QRP frequency should be respected...

You are a nitwit. I never said to go 1 kc below an OCCUPIED frequency and call CQ or say "UP". I said if that frequency is NOT occupied it is OK to do so.

The disagreement is that you think a QRP frequency, even if not in use, should be respected. As a QRP op I disagree. So we will just have to leave it at that.

paul
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 06:03:32 AM »

Dawgies, Lou! I never expected a "book" for my question! Hi

I belong to a Quattro Pro (spreadsheet) forum that gives the same results and It's always deeply appreciated.

I was told that there's never a dumb question because there are possibly a handful of readers/listeners wondering about the same thing and glad to see someone else asking the "dumb question". Hi

Thanks.

Charlie
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 06:23:02 AM »

You are a nitwit. I never said to go 1 kc below an OCCUPIED frequency and call CQ or say "UP". I said if that frequency is NOT occupied it is OK to do so.

The disagreement is that you think a QRP frequency, even if not in use, should be respected. As a QRP op I disagree. So we will just have to leave it at that.

paul
Oh I see, an UNOCCUPIED is what you meant. But then you did not see my explanation that you would not know if a QRP frequency is occupied, precisely because QRP are not often heard due to being 20 dB or more weaker than the average signal. Did you miss that part? But why did you not even understand that part before making an absurd suggestion, for that obvious reason?

QRP station1 in VK operating /P with a noise level of S0
QRP station2 in EU operating /P with a noise level of S0

Both QRP can hear each other on 10116, long path, with RST 539 both ways.

At the same time, the path to USA is open on 30m, at least from VK, via short path.

K3STX comes up on 10116 as he hears nothing, with his Noise level at S5. QRL? no reply. QRL? no reply. So with 1kW K3STX starts calling CQ. At VK he is RST 569 zero beat with the EU QRP and thus EU QRP can no longer be heard. Because the K3STX knows this is QRP priority frequency, but does not know what QRP means, nor understands propagation, SNR, nor the dB relationship with power. Or he pretends not to.

Likewise, FO/K3STX calls CQ on 10115 and says UP or UP1.

Do you NOW understand or are you still saying that QRP frequencies in the IARU band plan is a nonsense and you as a non-QRP can tell if it is occupied by asking QRL?

If you still pretend not to understand this "you nitwit" then I will still proudly attribute your crazy idea to yourself, but with the better version responded by "nitwit" VK5EEE that the reverse is not true: "A QRP station cannot disturb a QRO station" -- would that make sense either?!

If so, then I will gladly prove it wrong, and indeed have done so, with my own solution to the QRM problem and how QRP can shut down QRO DX Pedo who don't respect us, let alone ANYONE operating on ANY frequency above where they simply say "UP".
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:25:32 AM by VK5EEE » Logged

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 06:24:52 AM »

Dawgies, Lou! I never expected a "book" for my question! Hi

I belong to a Quattro Pro (spreadsheet) forum that gives the same results and It's always deeply appreciated.

I was told that there's never a dumb question because there are possibly a handful of readers/listeners wondering about the same thing and glad to see someone else asking the "dumb question". Hi

Thanks.

Charlie

Grin Sorry Charlie, I type at 80WPM and don't know how to abbreviate, let alone SUMMARIZE! All these books I write and they don't earn a penny... I'm a very poor businessman! What do you mean by the Quattro Pro forum giving the same results? Huge long book-responses?  Grin

K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 06:45:18 AM »

Yes, but so very informative!! If you've worked with spreadsheets you'll know about copying, moving, etc numbers from one page to another and the amount of time and patience needed, well, there's usually a formula that can do it with one or two steps. Wow! what timesavers!! Hi. (That's When you printed out the answer given and started a 3 binder notebook with it.) Hi

Up until the end of this month I've been our church's bookkeeper for the past 10 years. (I recently discovered how easy an old man can place a number into the wrong 'cell' and spend 3 months trying to find the mistake. Oy vey!! That did it for me! A young newly wed gal is taking it December 1. <hidden text>(Hope she can find time to do the job!) <end hidden text> LOL ... sorry about that! ...

Charlie
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 06:53:38 AM »

Grin fingers crossed  Grin

K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »

As far as I know, I'm the only ham in our church group so I might not get excommunicated. Hi Embarrassed
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »

As far as I know, I'm the only ham in our church group so I might not get excommunicated. Hi Embarrassed
Well if you were a ham in a masjid (mosque) group you would be excommunicated Grin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:16:12 AM by VK5EEE » Logged

K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:25 AM »

With my second marriage I was bumped from Catholicism. (Became a Baptist so my gain. Hi) Cheesy
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 05:36:55 AM »

I wonder, how many here actually operate portable at all. Pretty much all my operating for the last 2 years has been portable and I just do not experience the problems of all these experts who are sitting at home finding things to rage about do. Funny that, isnt it.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 05:38:19 AM »

Not really funny, just common sense. If I was out in the field, I'd not have had time to rage on about anything on a forum. Pray I'm out in the field soon  Smiley

VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:20 AM »

Not really funny, just common sense. If I was out in the field, I'd not have had time to rage on about anything on a forum. Pray I'm out in the field soon  Smiley

You should do it, get a 5w rig go down the beach, setup a dipole and win. Its good for the blood pressure Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: