The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft3000dx heil pr 40mwith Behringer mixer  (Read 748 times)
K8ZA

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »

hi group. I have a ft3000 with heil pr40. With ptt cable and foot pedal. I am wonder what I would need to run a mixer with my mic ? Are there pre made cables available? Also can I run the radio audio back through the mixer for receive?
Thank you for any help!
Danny
K8ZA
K3LI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »

Nobody really needs a mixer.  Go in the menus and adjust your radio and get audio reports from a good signal.  Not some guy out here in the noise level.

I use a 3000 and never touched it.
K8ZA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »

Okay
Thank you for the reply.
ZS5WC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:25 PM »

:)I use FTDX-3000 with PR-781, Heil Mic. Pug and foot switch , Also Expert 1K-FA..
Audio is brilliant and you can tailor it in the EQ. menu.
Do not complicate matters too much with too many cables , you are asking for RF on the TX audio problems.

73 de William
ZS4L / ZS5WC
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »

I have been using the FTDX3000 since 2013 with a Heil PR781, first off I found the Heil mic's sounded falt compared to the Heil's we used 20 years ago so I removed the outside casing and taped around the side of the element which made the mic very unidirectional compared to stock then the mid range did also pic up some then I went into the menu's of the 3K added at the very most 3-5db of compression at the very most(absolute peeks) and then with the EQ processor adjustments. The slight bit of speech compression is only used to keep your alc more constant and not go over red line, the parametric EQ setting now must be with the "P" settings done, I think it states P-PRNTRC in the menu settings. Use of the monitor with good quality headphone does help but having a separate RX will make adjustment very easy and you can tailor it better. Dont use other hams cause opinions are very misleading, for some reason many who think they need all the crap for audio between the mic and the radio come from the power mic era in CB days, what you want is clean very understandable audio that also will cut threw the qrm when the band starts to close. If you are trying to go the ESSB route just think of one thing you cannot really have any real intelligent info below 150Hz and the human voice tops out mostly before 3K so unless you go to AM route SSB will not produce above and below these ranges very well. If you dont believe me hook your radio to a dummy load and try to broadcast music threw it and listen on another receiver, it will sound like crap then go to the AM mode and it will be entirely different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: