The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TM-D710 and trying to connect Geosat 5  (Read 4084 times)
K5KO

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »

Anyone here have any experience with a Kenwood TM-D710 dualbander and a AVMaps Geosat 5 for APRS? I just bought one from an estate and want to know what I need to interface them together. I think I need a cable with 2.5mm stereo ends on each end. The remote head has a 2.5mm plug on  the side of it. The back of the GPS has several 2.5mm plugs on it. One is for an antenna the other I think is were I think I make the connection to the radio. Am I on the right track? Will any cable with stereo 2.5mm ends work on it? I cannot find a cable specifically for it.
KD2ECF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »

It's a weird connector that has 4 connections, not 3. If I recall from looking at mine a long time ago, it looks like 3.5 mm.

KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:09 PM »

That connector is a TRRS (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve).  You can find male-to-male cables on Amazon.
K5KO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:50:24 AM »

I have found out a little bit more information. I need a cable with 4 four pole 2.5mm cable end goes to the Geosat 5’s TMC receptacle and the three pole 2.5mm end goes to the Radios GPS connector. Anyone know where I can find such a cable? I have been searching everywhere, eBay, Amazon and all over the internet but still cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.
G7WFK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »

The manufacturer seems like a good place to start, - http://avmap.it/index.php?swt=0504&ipr=336&lng=en-us
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: