The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite Tracker Box  (Read 974 times)
KF0QS

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:49:19 PM »

Dear Folks:

I am interested in finally upgrading my satellite station to automatically tracking the birds through the sky.  Unfortunately, I don't see the tracker box at the AMSAT store that used to be there.  Does anyone know what happened to it?  Also, does anyone know of an alternative?

For the record, I am using the Yaesu G-5500 az/el rotor.  I have the M Squared circularly polarized 14 el 2 meter and the 30 el 70cm antennas.

Thanks and 73 de Bernie, KF0QS
WA4SCA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:05:50 PM »

The LVB Tracker is assembled by volunteers.  There are normally a large number at Hamvention, and at other times of the year a few appear from time to time. These are normally announced on AMSAT-BB and sell out quickly.  Keep watching.  It is an excellent device, and well worth it.  Purchasing it makes a contribution of AMSAT as well.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA
N4UFO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »

If you can't wait, here is an alternative... http://www.foxdelta.com/shopping/satellite.htm   It's based on the LVB firmware, I believe.

I have one of the RS-232 boxes here, but I only use it as a digital display... it came with my 5400 rotator when I bought it.

73, Kevin N4UFO
KB1PVH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:55:52 AM »

Bernie,

Another option is the Easy Rotor Controller. I had used one on my G5500 until I bought an Alfa Spid RAS rotor.

http://www.vibroplex.com/contents/en-us/d79.html

Dave-KB1PVH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: