donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EQSL's  (Read 781 times)
K3UIM

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »

Been away many years, I see "EQSL" mentioned in CQ mag. HUH??
Charlie
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »

Click here https://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/Index.cfm

Welcome back to the future

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:53:01 AM »

I gave up on EQSL, and went to LOTW.  LOTW is the only system that "counts" anyway, and the EQSL thing was becoming a drag with lots of requests coming in on email all the time that I had never worked anyway. No actual security with EQSL.  So Please don't send me an EQSL. Nor am I interested in your paper QSL card., and I have run out of my own paper QSL's.

I am now 100% LOTW.  Quick easy painless and free.  Think of the money.
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:37:21 AM »

No to EQSL and no to LOTW. Everyone that works me gets a QSL card to hang on the wall and if you're a new country in the log then I will QSL direct to make sure I get your card.

Why?

Apart from the fact that i like QSL cards it has a high YL acceptance factor. She isn't technically minded but she finds the QSL card collection fascinating. I normally do a print run of 250 QSL cards then after they are gone I change the design, I collect old manuals and books from the 1920's and 1930's so I'm not short of interesting pictures to put on a card.

Peter DL8OV
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »

I'm trying to get set up with eQSL. You make different "accounts" depending on the grid square? You cannot change a grid square in an account, I established that much so far...

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »

I'm trying to get set up with eQSL. You make different "accounts" depending on the grid square? You cannot change a grid square in an account, I established that much so far...

True.  Every time you change your address and/or grid square, you must set up a new account.  All accounts are shown after you log in.

eQSL is clumsy, but I've had no other issues with it.

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
KB2SMS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »

I only do paper or eQSLs. LOTW is too much of a PITA IMHO. But I'm not a paper chaser or contester.

"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 08:08:06 AM »

Yeah,  LOTW is a real "PITA" alright.  it takes almost 20 seconds and 3 or 4 mouse clicks to upload your entire log.  IT is such a PITA that I make sure I do it at the end of every session before I turn the rig off.  And if I am feeling generous I do it several times during the session.  It is an extreme burden alright.  A real bother as compared to filling out a QSL card. Less than 20 seconds from start to finish.  Wow, I am beat.  Just wore out uploading to LOTW.. Wheh!...Don't know if I can stand it.

WHERE IN THE SAM HILL DOES ATTITUDES THAT LOTW IS A BIG PITA COME FROM?   beats me... Roll Eyes
NQ2N

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 02:57:27 PM »

CQ magazine is accepting eQSL for credit for four of their awards and have set up a relatively easy way to process these awards.  These awards include WAZ, WPX, USA-CA, and CQ-DX. There are over twice the number of registered users on eQSL than on LoTW and was established before LoTW was thought of.  No need for hams to look down their noses at eQSL, but it would be a courtesy to those who use it for you to register on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: