donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuts  (Read 3113 times)
W0XX

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2017, 10:32:22 AM »

I was tuning around on 20 and came across a station signing N9VTB, talking with VE7KFM about K3VR.  Man it never ends...wonder why some of these folks don't move on and operate.  I spun the dial but found it pathetically nutzo....
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »

I thought K3VR was under forfeiture.  His license is expired.

http://www.eham.net/articles/32815

Karol Madera is insane. literally. Books have been written about him, but since he is in Canada, not much we all can do about him.

http://www.ve7kfm.com/pics.html

http://ve7kfm.net/audio.html

Or do your own searches on them.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:08:23 PM »

All I recall was K3VR never had to pay the fine to date and like others continues to operate on expired license...not sure how that all works...but to hear the ranting..man..get a new hobby or something   wow...
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:37:56 AM »

Actually, according to Part 97, if a person does not have a current, valid license, then it is illegal for any other currently licensed Amateur to communicate with him.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »

Actually, according to Part 97, if a person does not have a current, valid license, then it is illegal for any other currently licensed Amateur to communicate with him.

That's true, it is illegal.  I recall when K1MAN was under suspension he continued to operate and quite a few amateurs had QSO's with him.  They either didn't know better or just thought it was cool, it wasn't.   I used to hear K3VR on the air once in a while, I was fairly certain that he had a drinking problem but that goes for a lot of other stations mentioned in this thread.  All of those nut jobs are best kept at arms length, at least 10 KHZ away at a minimum.  One interesting note, I have never heard any of the 20 meter miscreants on CW.
N1FM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »

I agree with Riley Hollingsworth.... That Canadian's a Fruitcake!

https://youtu.be/oCN-3jkMHqE?t=12m20s

By the way, I'm the one who drinks Jack and Coke, not VR.

Wink

73 de Tom (Broker, Digital Forensics Expert, Whiskey Connoisseur, Detective, Retired)

P.S.

Check the ULS for active licenses. If it says "active" it's legal and pending renewal. Anyone with a forfeiture order can legally continue to operate until all court appeals are complete (to the Supreme Court if desired) and *if* a judge in U.S. District Court orders payment, after all appeals, and the operator then refuses to pay the court judgment, only then can the FCC cancel the license. Here's the law:

The FCC's Procedure for Recovering Forfeitures.

Section 504 of the Act sets forth the procedures which the FCC must follow in attempting to recover forfeitures imposed under Section 503 of the Communications Act or under any other section of the Act. If the person does not make payment voluntarily, the FCC must refer the matter to the DOJ which, in turn, must attempt to recover the fine in a civil suit in United States District Court. If the DOJ brings suit, the alleged violator is entitled to a trial de novo.

A trial de novo (Latin for 'new trial' ) means that the federal court (or jury if the person sued demands jury trial) must determine whether the person has violated the Act without giving consideration to:

(1) the FCC's NAL proceedings, or;

(2) the amount of the forfeiture the FCC imposed as a result of the NAL proceedings.

In a Federal District Court proceeding, the DOJ has the burden of going forward and the burden of proof. The person charged with the rules violation may defend the action on the basis of general denials and affirmative defenses, even if he failed to raise such denials and affirmative defenses before the FCC in the NAL proceedings. In addition, a person sued may also have a statute of limitations defense, depending on the date the DOJ files suit.

Forfeitures imposed by the FCC are subject to remission or mitigation by the FCC, or if suit has been filed, by the DOJ upon request of the FCC. The FCC can also direct the DOJ to dismiss or discontinue the prosecution of any suit to recover a fine. Remission or mitigation means that the FCC may settle a fine for amounts far less than the FCC had originally imposed in the NAL, or may altogether dismiss a suit after it has been instituted.

An NAL/Forfeiture Order Does Not Constitute Admission of Guilt.

When the FCC issues a NAL proposing the imposition of a forfeiture, that fact cannot be used in any other proceeding (like license renewal) before the FCC, to the prejudice of the person to whom the NAL was issued, unless the forfeiture has been paid, or a federal court has ordered payment of such a forfeiture, and such Court order has become final.

47 USC ยง 504
(c) Use of notice of apparent liability
In any case where the Commission issues a notice of apparent liability looking toward the imposition of a forfeiture under this chapter, that fact shall not be used, in any other proceeding before the Commission, to the prejudice of the person to whom such notice was issued, unless (i) the forfeiture has been paid, or (ii) a court of competent jurisdiction has ordered payment of such forfeiture, and such order has become final.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/504

WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:17:36 PM »

I was tuning around on 20 and came across a station signing N9VTB, talking with VE7KFM about K3VR.  Man it never ends...wonder why some of these folks don't move on and operate.  I spun the dial but found it pathetically nutzo....

This cancer is growing and spreading to other bands.
The 3.840 Bad Boys, on the West Coast, are on 40, 75 / 80 and 160 now. The reason the cancer is growing is because we don`t have a active F.C.C. anymore. They are done with Amateur Radio. The big question I have is, why isn`t the A.R.R.L. trying to do something about this growing problem?
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »

It must be tough not having a life. N2FUV has been jamming 7200 for over a year now without ID'ng AT ALL. Far more relevant than the others mentioned in this thread.

Hi Tom.

Jim
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

The big question I have is, why isn`t the A.R.R.L. trying to do something about this growing problem?

No enforcement teeth.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »

14.313 thread?

Neva ben done befo.

Evah.
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »

Move along nothing to see here.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Headin out to the lobby for some 7 up
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »

.....intermission.....

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 05:21:14 PM »

Exactly.  Hope I can re-find my seat..
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 01:25:33 AM »

This cancer is growing and spreading to other bands.
The 3.840 Bad Boys, on the West Coast, are on 40, 75 / 80 and 160 now. The reason the cancer is growing is because we don`t have a active F.C.C. anymore. They are done with Amateur Radio. The big question I have is, why isn`t the A.R.R.L. trying to do something about this growing problem?
  Enforcement has been attempted with very little to show for it.  On the 435 repeater, "operators" have been jamming and playing all kinds of music nonstop for years!  www.BroadCastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: