The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreigner in US with top reciprocal privs and a less-privileged US license?  (Read 1997 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2017, 06:22:00 AM »

Here's a question posed to me and I was wondering if anyone could point me to ARRL or other reference material on this situation:

A Czech citizen has a US General Class License.

The same guy has a Czech license and callsign, with the highest Czech privileges.

If he didn't have a US General Class license, this Czech visiting the US could operate as W3/OK1** and get full Extra class privileges thanks to CEPT. Reference: http://www.arrl.org/cept

Does him having a US General Class license, stop him from operating as W3/OK1** with full Extra Class privileges?

Can he legally operate using his US General Class callsign (shows up as General in all databases) with full Extra Class privileges?
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:44:06 AM »

First paragraph 97.107
No citizen of the United States or person holding an FCC amateur operator/primary station license grant is eligible for the reciprocal operating authority granted by this section.

N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »

Thank you for quoting chapter and verse!

Maybe we can get this Czech guy to an Extra exam while he’s visiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: