The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-7610 Progressive Drive FAILURE  (Read 2936 times)
KC6SWL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 08:19:23 AM »

Jarrad,
Did the Icom service manager give you any idea what the problem was?
Gary
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »

Jarrad,
Did the Icom service manager give you any idea what the problem was?
Gary

Dear Gary,

Icom Australia has been fantastic and are lending me their factory unit whilst mine undergoes a full root call analysis.  Whilst I won't be pushing for too much detail, I expect they'll give us a good idea of what happened, and most importantly, ensure that the issue doesn't occur with anyone elses new radio. Smiley

So in short, tomorrow a loan unit will arrive, and I will be back on air making videos!  I can't wait! Smiley

A big thank you to Marty from Icom Australia who personally took it upon himself to take care of us Smiley

Jarrad

J.D. Mitchell - VK3BL / XU7AGA - http://vk3bl.wordpress.com
RW9RN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 11:43:05 PM »

Jarrad, but why do you need a transceiver at all? Do you work on air? Or just shoot a video for youtube? In spots, you are only seen by SMS. After all, you wrote: "I bought the radio to 'self train' in yutube.". 7610 is very suitable for demonstrating his work on YouTube. Great, beautiful ...What are your impressions of CW, SSB? It is a pity that you have a broken transceiver, but I hope, after its repair you will show a lot of interesting and useful video in your channel on YouTube.
73!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:47:02 PM by RW9RN » Logged
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »

Jarrad, but why do you need a transceiver at all? Do you work on air? Or just shoot a video for youtube? In spots, you are only seen by SMS. After all, you wrote: "I bought the radio to 'self train' in yutube.". 7610 is very suitable for demonstrating his work on YouTube. Great, beautiful ...What are your impressions of CW, SSB? It is a pity that you have a broken transceiver, but I hope, after its repair you will show a lot of interesting and useful video in your channel on YouTube.
73!

Dear RW9RN,

Laughs, you're right.  I have spent a lot of time "not using" the radio, but don't worry I have had a lot of fun with it too.

Let me know what you'd consider interesting, and I'm happy to make videos like that too Smiley

RW9RN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 01:38:27 AM »

I do not worry. it's good that the radio has brought you many pleasant moments.
when the radio comes from repair, please show how it behaves when receiving weak CW signals. it would be interesting for me to see / hear.
73!
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 01:44:20 AM »

I do not worry. it's good that the radio has brought you many pleasant moments.
when the radio comes from repair, please show how it behaves when receiving weak CW signals. it would be interesting for me to see / hear.
73!

I would love too!  It is the start of Summer in Australia at the moment so there is a lot of static noise from electrical storms etc, it is also hard in suburbia with the noise floor.

BUT, one thing I want to do, is to take the radio on a camping trip out into our bush where there is no noise, and put up a dipole between some trees.

This way, I can really test the radio, because an IC-7300 is more than good enough for suburbia.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: