The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Station Furniture  (Read 8214 times)
HAWKDOME

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 06:39:51 PM »

Check with your local high school and see if have a building trades or ashop class. Here in Texas, they do things like that and you are only charged for the cost of materials. Grefg
K6HMD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »

This is a old topic but I didn't see anyone suggest recording station furniture. For an idea of what's available take a look at this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/desks-tables-workstations

KE0ZU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 08:59:59 PM »

Be sure that whatever you decide on, it's strong enough for the hundreds of pounds that may well set on your table at some time in the future.   I too recommend open shelving, and positioning the bench so access to the rear is possible.   I have full swivel castors on the bottom of my benches so I can pull them out from the wall to make changes as needed and push them back.   Early on, wiring changes WILL come often as equipment gets added or moved around, and open access will quickly appreciated.  

These are pics, the first of which taken just after building the first bench several years ago, and the second of the same bench more or less as it is today.   But both illustrate the usefulness of having access to the rear of the bench.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:03:50 PM by KE0ZU » Logged
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »

I bought a simple corner and matching straight desk off of ebay. Under $80 shipped and works great. It is in kit form and easy mail to your house. Easy to assemble too.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 08:44:35 PM »

KE0ZU, send us a picture of the front of those rigs.  Looks like some nice boat-anchor gear there!
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 04:27:32 AM »

Mike has several pics here and some links. His station and work areas are well thought out and equipted.

Makes me angry.... ..

KLC
KE0ZU

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 10:54:24 PM »

Mark, here is a pic of what I have on the left end of the bench now.   Click the pic to link to more.  

When you're done, click the "X" in the upper right, then the tiny house at the upper left on the new page.

Makes me angry....
Easy Kevin, that's hard on the ticker.  

It's taken about fifteen years to get this all setup, and LOTS of buy/fix/sell, keeping a few of the good ones along the way.

Mike
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:11:39 PM by KE0ZU » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: