The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mc59 mic to kenwood ts2000  (Read 451 times)
VE7REN

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

well, I tried to get this mic to work . I have it transmitting ,and all works that way,but I cannot get the mic to work using dtmf or up/down buttons. does anyone have the correct color code of wires to the 8 pin foster? someone out here must have wired this mic to the ts2000 before
VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 05:47:48 AM »

Unfortunately TS-2000 doesn’t support MC-59 Keypad microphone.

Old amateur DTMF microphone (MC-44DM, MC-57DM) has the DTMF Encoder inside and it encodes the DTMF tone itself.

But MC-59 does not have the DTMF encoder, mobile radio needs support MC-59 key scan method and encodes DTMF tone by radio side.

Thank you,

Akito Kitahashi | JVCKENWOOD Canada Inc.

VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

that's the info I received from the main kenwood office. soooo, I guess we will try to hunt down the mc57.. but I doubt it. why kenwood continues to discontinue items of impotance on there radios is ridiculous. the multi channel on there radios are discontinued from many sites too.  poor thinking on their part.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »

The Jetstream JTMIC1 has a pinout compatible with Alinco and Kenwood 8 pin microphone jacks, has an internal DTMF generator, Up/Down buttons and is powered from the radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: