The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm, What IF???  (Read 1567 times)
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »

In my 25 years of purchasing three new-construction subdivision (HOA) homes here in the Phoenix, AZ area, there's no such thing as negotiating a deal, unless it's a pre-built "spec" house. And even then, they'll just throw in the value of some included upgrades as an incentive. Ordering a new-build from scratch, the price as listed on the sheet is it, plus any listed available upgrades. Doesn't matter if it's a $150K or a $800K price tag, cash or financed. Tell them that you want to construct a ham radio antenna, and the answer is..."next". Especially in today's new housing boom where inventories are low, demand is high, and the builders can't find enough skilled laborers to build houses.

Houses with no HOA do exist in the Phoenix area, and not just in the bad parts of town, either. 

I live in NE Mesa, in the only non-HOA neighborhood in the Red Mountain Ranch area.  We're restricted on antennas, but that's because of the FAA, not an HOA, and that's because our area is 100-150 feet (higher as one goes east) higher in elevation than the Falcon Field runways.  That elevation counts when calculating allowable antenna height, but the FAA does not restrict any structure that's 20 feet tall or lower.  Were it not for that, no antennas would be allowed.  Neither would houses, street lights, tall trees, or anything else since this area is in a flight path, and the planes sometimes do fly low.

But there are other good neighborhoods in Mesa that are not HOA-encrusted and/or not near an airport as well. Seek and ye shall find. Grin

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »

Hello Everyone,

After some careful consideration, I have decided to support the ARRL's Amateur Radio Parity Act. I believe it will assist (if passed into law) amateurs with CC&R restrictions that do not allow outdoor antennas.

Russ
KN6SD
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

In my 25 years of purchasing three new-construction subdivision (HOA) homes here in the Phoenix, AZ area, there's no such thing as negotiating a deal, unless it's a pre-built "spec" house. And even then, they'll just throw in the value of some included upgrades as an incentive. Ordering a new-build from scratch, the price as listed on the sheet is it, plus any listed available upgrades. Doesn't matter if it's a $150K or a $800K price tag, cash or financed. Tell them that you want to construct a ham radio antenna, and the answer is..."next". Especially in today's new housing boom where inventories are low, demand is high, and the builders can't find enough skilled laborers to build houses.

Houses with no HOA do exist in the Phoenix area, and not just in the bad parts of town, either. 

I live in NE Mesa, in the only non-HOA neighborhood in the Red Mountain Ranch area.  We're restricted on antennas, but that's because of the FAA, not an HOA, and that's because our area is 100-150 feet (higher as one goes east) higher in elevation than the Falcon Field runways.  That elevation counts when calculating allowable antenna height, but the FAA does not restrict any structure that's 20 feet tall or lower.  Were it not for that, no antennas would be allowed.  Neither would houses, street lights, tall trees, or anything else since this area is in a flight path, and the planes sometimes do fly low.

But there are other good neighborhoods in Mesa that are not HOA-encrusted and/or not near an airport as well. Seek and ye shall find. Grin

Of course they exist. My first sentence: "...new construction subdivision homes". I was responding to WB2KSP's post regarding "newly constructed community".
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: