The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to check out and have repair capability in DFW area for HF Amp  (Read 480 times)
W0XX

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »

I have limited eyesight and no desire to poke around inside HV stuff. Who around DFW can check out/repair HF amps?
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »

Why not contact Bill, KF5ZBL at the Dallas Amateur Radio Club and see if he can recommend a local Elmer to come buy and asses the amplifier problem.

You can reach Bill at: kf5zbl@gmail.com
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:59:12 PM »

Array Solutions
2611 N Belt Line Rd #109
Sunnyvale, TX 75182
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »

DOn't think AS works on none product sales amps.  Ham Repair doesn't either regardless of what their website says ("We service all major brands and types of HF SolidState and Tube Amplifiers." asked about my kenwood and was told they don't service it??).  So in a dilema.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 03:46:15 AM »

Array solutions did come back that yes, they can service the 922 if repairs are required.  At this point I think the issue was an open tube (filament to grid) and the tube caused the circuitry to heat up why the momentary smoke I noted.  With a good tube in the same socket, all seems appropriate and no issues.  Will shoot rf through it when I have a moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: