The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite tracking with iPhone  (Read 661 times)
AA9KG

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:29:45 AM »

I just wanted to plug this since I searched and didn't see any references to it in this forum.
I downloaded GoSatWatch for iPhone and LOVE it. Being new to satellites it tracks any bird accurately in the sky live. There is a world mode where you can switch between birds and rotate the earth, zoom, etc. there is a sky mode where you can point your phone at the sky and know exactly where to point your beam.  You can also advance time easily to watch the orbits.  I also love the alerts...I get a pop up telling me to get to my shack cuz my favorite satellite is 15 minutes away Wink
I paid $10 and I am very cheap and don't usually buy apps, but this was highly recommended by a buddy.
Brian AA9KG
W5PFG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »

I agree. GoSatWatch is amazing. There is a lot more activity on other forums ('Zed) and Facebook (AMSAT North America) if you wanna discuss more topics.
AA9KG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:19:19 AM »

Thanks Clayton. I just watched your video on QRZ. Thanks for that...y'all make it look so easy.
Brian AA9KG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: