The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liking posts  (Read 537 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »

It may be difficult with an old sytem such as SMF, not sure if there are upgrades or options, but the ability to "like" a post would be great for the community.
Many times one wants to give a post a thumbs up, but the only way to do that would be to cause QRM by replying.
I don't think there should be thumbs down, just "like" that may show "liked by ..." people (perhaps with usernames, not sure).

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

It may be difficult with an old sytem such as SMF, not sure if there are upgrades or options, but the ability to "like" a post would be great for the community.
Many times one wants to give a post a thumbs up, but the only way to do that would be to cause QRM by replying.
I don't think there should be thumbs down, just "like" that may show "liked by ..." people (perhaps with usernames, not sure).

I find myself wanting to give some posts a 'Like" too.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »

^^ This ^^

LOL
Mike N2MG
VK6HP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 06:35:53 AM »

I think the whole uni-directional "like" thing is just daft. It irritates the hell out me in the social media world, and is one reason I hardly ever go there.  For preference, if you've got something to say, supportive or critical, activate a few neurons and write it down.  But if there is a "like" button, there has to be a "dislike" button too. Not everything, and especially not the fine world of ham radio, has to be dumbed down to Kardasian level.

And get off my lawn...

(With acknowledgement and thanks to the writer already using that great exposition of grumpiness).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:47:57 AM by VK6HP » Logged
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »

IMO, it's not the "likes" themselves, but the "love of likes".

When the accumulation of likes become a reason for posting in the first place - that's a bad thing.

Mike N2MG

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »

But if there is a "like" button, there has to be a "dislike" button too.

Fair point, I also find myself wanting to "dislike" some posts.

When the accumulation of likes become a reason for posting in the first place - that's a bad thing.

And no doubt there are a couple of characters out there who would strive to accumulate as many "dislikes" as possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: