The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts - be warned....  (Read 2365 times)
N4DCD

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »

I ordered a Apache Labs 8000DLE and when it showed up with problems (as well as damage, box was fine) I sent it back. Rear speaker jacks did not work, TX audio would oscillate on any setting past 10db and rear phono jacks were pushed in and lose. On the phone my call was not greeted with warm helpful feelings. After I told them what the issues were I was told I had to pay for return shipping which cost me $70. Now that's not good business and I will never deal with them again. I've had dealing with their two competitors DX-Engineering and Ham Radio outlet and whenever I needed to send something back due to damage or defect, they supplied me with a shipping label at no cost to me. I opened a case with paypal so they can help me get my full refund and shipping costs. I'm no newbe, I've had SDR's in the past like Anan 10E, 100, 100D 200d and Flex 1500, 3000, 5000, 6300, 6500 and 6700 so I've been around them.  So be warned.
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »

How is GigaParts responsible for the shipping charges?
Seems to me the only people you have a beef with is Apache Labs.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »

That is completely consistent with their return policy.  Maybe you should have read the return policy before you purchased the radio.

https://www.gigaparts.com/warranties-policy/

"All returns must be shipped prepaid UPS, insured for the full value of the product. If your return is lost or damaged on its way back to us, you’ll need to file a claim with your shipping company. You may incur shipping costs if you refuse a shipment or the package is returned as undeliverable."

N4DCD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

That is completely consistent with their return policy.  Maybe you should have read the return policy before you purchased the radio.

"All returns must be shipped prepaid UPS, insured for the full value of the product. If your return is lost or damaged on its way back to us, you’ll need to file a claim with your shipping company. You may incur shipping costs if you refuse a shipment or the package is returned as undeliverable."

Why in gods name should I be held liable for a radio that was sent to me damaged?  Are you nuts?? I pull it out of the box, does not work as it should and is physically damaged and not due to shipping.  I should deal with the manufacture and not the dealer?  Then DX-Engineering and HRO have them beat hands down!!  I'll get my money back as I was sold inferior merchandise period......
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:04:48 PM by N4DCD » Logged
N4DCD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:03:55 PM »

So, I guess if you went and got a brand new car, took it home and the engine blew up on your way home, you deal with GM and not the dealer?  Sure, I would like to see that.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »

Did you ask for a manager?  Outside of the owner, everyone has a boss and with each level comes more power/ability to rectify a situation. Also, did you try contacting Apache Labs direct to get their response?  Some equipment manufacturers prefer you contact them as the dealer often couldn't fix the problem anyway.
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:15 AM »

So, I guess if you went and got a brand new car, took it home and the engine blew up on your way home, you deal with GM and not the dealer?  Sure, I would like to see that.
Apples and Oranges; the auto industry works on a different system.
Besides if the engine blew up the dealer could be responsible depending on their contractual responsibility with GM as a dealer.

As far as I know nobody that sells amateur radio gear un-boxes the gear and checks to see if it is working, it is assumed the gear is properly working and in good condition when it comes from the manufacturer.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »

That is completely consistent with their return policy.  Maybe you should have read the return policy before you purchased the radio.

Why in gods name should I be held liable for a radio that was sent to me damaged?  Are you nuts?? I pull it out of the box, does not work as it should and is physically damaged and not due to shipping.  I should deal with the manufacture and not the dealer?  Then DX-Engineering and HRO have them beat hands down!!  I'll get my money back as I was sold inferior merchandise period......

You are not liable for anything.  Clearly the radio was defective and you said it was physically damaged.  If the radio was damaged in shipping then Giga Parts has the responsibility to provide you with a new radio and take the issue up with the shipper.  

If, as you say, it was not damaged in shipping, the problem is between Giga Parts and Apache Labs who provided them with a defective radio to sell.  In the United States it is incumbent upon mail order sellers to insure that you receive your product/products in undamaged and working condition unless you agree otherwise, and I am certain you did not.  Giga Parts needs to step up to the plate on this one, that's an expensive radio and they need to make this right.

Regardless of how the radio was damaged the appropriate thing is for Giga Parts to either exchange the defective radio or, to work with you so that Apache Labs will exchange the defective product.  Either way, if Giga Parts has refused to help you then I agree they should be avoided.  Please let us know how this turns out because I don't want to deal with any company that would not offer some kind of solution in such case as yours.  

I probably don't need to tell you this but if you used Pay Pal or a credit card then you can file a complaint and get a full refund if the seller (Giga Parts) refuses to exchange the radio for a new one. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:35:44 AM by KA4DPO » Logged
N4DCD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »

Why in gods name should I be held liable for a radio that was sent to me damaged?  Are you nuts?? I pull it out of the box, does not work as it should and is physically damaged and not due to shipping.  I should deal with the manufacture and not the dealer?  Then DX-Engineering and HRO have them beat hands down!!  I'll get my money back as I was sold inferior merchandise period......

You are not liable for anything.  Clearly the radio was defective and you said it was physically damaged.  If the radio was damaged in shipping then Giga Parts has the responsibility to provide you with a new radio and take the issue up with the shipper. 

If, as you say, it was not damaged in shipping, the problem is between Giga Parts and Apache Labs who provided them with a defective radio to sell.  In the United States it is incumbent upon mail order sellers to insure that you receive your product/products in undamaged and working condition unless you agree otherwise, and I am certain you did not.  Giga Parts needs to step up to the plate on this one, that's an expensive radio and they need to make this right.

Regardless of how the radio was damaged the appropriate thing is for Giga Parts to either exchange the defective radio or, to work with you so that Apache Labs will exchange the defective product.  Either way, if Giga Parts has refused to help you then I agree they should be avoided.  Please let us know how this turns out because I don't want to deal with any company that would not offer some kind of solution in such case as yours. 

I probably don't need to tell you this but if you used Pay Pal or a credit card then you can file a complaint and get a full refund if the seller (Giga Parts) refuses to exchange the radio for a new one. 

I'm glad someone understands where I'm coming from.  I received a credit notice from Gigaparts and a closed case notice from Paypal on the refund (still waiting to see the funds back on my credit card).  I just put in another claim to get my $63 return shipping back as I don't think that should be on me.
KJ4YIO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »

I ordered a Apache Labs 8000DLE and when it showed up with problems (as well as damage, box was fine) I sent it back. Rear speaker jacks did not work, TX audio would oscillate on any setting past 10db and rear phono jacks were pushed in and lose. On the phone my call was not greeted with warm helpful feelings. After I told them what the issues were I was told I had to pay for return shipping which cost me $70. Now that's not good business and I will never deal with them again. I've had dealing with their two competitors DX-Engineering and Ham Radio outlet and whenever I needed to send something back due to damage or defect, they supplied me with a shipping label at no cost to me. I opened a case with paypal so they can help me get my full refund and shipping costs. I'm no newbe, I've had SDR's in the past like Anan 10E, 100, 100D 200d and Flex 1500, 3000, 5000, 6300, 6500 and 6700 so I've been around them.  So be warned.

Nick,

We value all of our customers and certainly did not intend to give you the impression that you could not return this radio. We’ve waived restocking fees and have done our best to bend our return policy on several returns for you so far. We've processed this return and a full refund for the ANAN-8000DLE has been issued to you, but the cost of the return shipping is on you per the policy you agreed to and was further clarified with each of your previous returns.

Best Regards,
Jeff S.
eCommerce Division Manager
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:19 AM »

I'm not sure about you but I usually read all the fine print before I deal with a company.  Gigaparts can probably sell product cheaper than DXE because the return shipping if needed is on you.  If time is money, you will probably expend $200+ to get the shipping cost back if you ever do.
Art
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »

Nick,

We value all of our customers and certainly did not intend to give you the impression that you could not return this radio. We’ve waived restocking fees and have done our best to bend our return policy on several returns for you so far. We've processed this return and a full refund for the ANAN-8000DLE has been issued to you, but the cost of the return shipping is on you per the policy you agreed to and was further clarified with each of your previous returns.

Best Regards,
Jeff S.

That sounds like a very satisfactory resolution to the problem and thank you for posting that Jeff. 

I have bought radios and accessories from Giga Parts several times and have never had a problem, I always received my purchases quickly and in perfect condition.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »

I have never any problem or anything that I buy computer or ham radio since 2001 zero problem for me Gigaparts always treat me !

Jackie
N4MJG
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:07 PM »

I'm not sure about you but I usually read all the fine print before I deal with a company.  Gigaparts can probably sell product cheaper than DXE because the return shipping if needed is on you.  

I have read the DXE return policy and it states:

"Any product that has been opened, unpacked, and / or used is ineligible for a return or refund."
"Note: Shipping charges and oversize fees are *not* refundable."

Maybe every ham needs to read the fine print. All vendors are great UNTIL S**T happens....  Wink

I do not have a dog in this fight and have purchased from both Gigaparts and DXE in the past. HRO and R&L too. I can not say truthfully that I have any preference in ham vendors. I usually go with whoever gives me the best price.

Stan K9IUQ

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:47:40 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 04:43:00 PM »

was further clarified with each of your previous returns.

Best Regards,
Jeff S.

I gotta wonder how many returns this ham has had?? Is he a Frequent Returner? This would should shed different light on the situation.. Yes I know you can not answer this publicly but I still gotta wonder about how any company would view a Frequent Returner.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:51:25 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: