The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts - be warned....  (Read 2700 times)
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »

" I've had SDR's in the past like Anan 10E, 100, 100D 200d and Flex 1500, 3000, 5000, 6300, 6500 and 6700 so I've been around them. "

My LORD!
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »

was further clarified with each of your previous returns.

Best Regards,
Jeff S.
eCommerce Division Manager

I gotta wonder how many returns this ham has had?? Is he a Frequent Returner? This would should shed different light on the situation.. Yes I know you can not answer this publicly but I still gotta wonder about how any company would view a Frequent Returner.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

They can stop selling to problem customers.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:41 AM »

If the OP has never had issues with HRO why did he not buy from them? Hmmm.
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »

I ordered a Apache Labs 8000DLE and when it showed up with problems (as well as damage, box was fine) I sent it back. Rear speaker jacks did not work, TX audio would oscillate on any setting past 10db and rear phono jacks were pushed in and lose. On the phone my call was not greeted with warm helpful feelings. After I told them what the issues were I was told I had to pay for return shipping which cost me $70. Now that's not good business and I will never deal with them again. I've had dealing with their two competitors DX-Engineering and Ham Radio outlet and whenever I needed to send something back due to damage or defect, they supplied me with a shipping label at no cost to me. I opened a case with paypal so they can help me get my full refund and shipping costs. I'm no newbe, I've had SDR's in the past like Anan 10E, 100, 100D 200d and Flex 1500, 3000, 5000, 6300, 6500 and 6700 so I've been around them.  So be warned.

Nick,

We value all of our customers and certainly did not intend to give you the impression that you could not return this radio. We’ve waived restocking fees and have done our best to bend our return policy on several returns for you so far. We've processed this return and a full refund for the ANAN-8000DLE has been issued to you, but the cost of the return shipping is on you per the policy you agreed to and was further clarified with each of your previous returns.

Best Regards,
Jeff S.
eCommerce Division Manager

Smiley
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »

Lesson learned by N4DCD.  He was wrong and is liable for the shipping charges as per the agreement.  It is unfortunate he had to learn by posting a grievance and humiliating himself to other hams. 

Bob
K6UJ
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »

I was just wondering why the guy had so many returns with the company ?
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 03:37:56 AM »

So he buys a radio and it arrives defective, but he has to pay the return shipping???
And most are OK with that?Huh??
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 05:35:28 AM »

So he buys a radio and it arrives defective, but he has to pay the return shipping???

That's life;

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 07:30:33 AM »

Perfectly OK with it:

A) Read the website shipping policy before ordering.
B) Read the reply from Gigaparts about his numerous returns.
C) Read the part about him contacting the factory about returning it for repair.

Oh wait, skip C as he doesn't seem to have done that.

The Lord helps those who help themselves.  Grin
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 01:50:32 PM »

Jeff S.: You really might reconsider your "policies".  When one orders something over the Internet, there is an expectation that the seller (assuming a commercial enterprise) will ship a new and undamaged unit.  There's also an expectation that if the item is damaged in shipping, the seller will deal with the shipper and make it right with the buyer.  There was one instance where I purchased an item from HRO and, while not damaged in shipping, it did not function as it should.  Regardless of what their policy on returns and shipping might be, the store manager shipped out a new unit to me that same day and paid for the return shipping on the defective unit.  There are some sellers who will do "the right thing" regardless of what their policies are.  You represent one organization that apparently believes that their "policy" trumps doing the right thing. 

It seems that the person who posted this item has a bit of a return history with you and maybe that has influenced your actions in this case.  But I'm glad that he posted his experience as that will influence my choice of a supplier in the future. 

73, K8AC
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: