The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW.....About time!!!!!!  (Read 2723 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 05:40:54 PM »

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page contains the look up page, link to the download page and link to historical data.

Sent you some extra info via a message.

Thanks!

What does it cost to send a postcard from one location in Australia to another?
VK4XJB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/regular-letters-cards

$1 but this time of year if you can disguise it as a christmas card then 65 cents.

For anyone wondering why some Australians don't care about direct qsl any more the price I am finding for a small letter to the states is $3. Up from $2.75.
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »

For anyone wondering why some Australians don't care about direct qsl any more the price I am finding for a small letter to the states is $3. Up from $2.75.

Same situation here. International postage:
$2.50 0-30 g    $3.60 30-50 g    $5.90 50-100 g
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/regular-letters-cards

$1 but this time of year if you can disguise it as a christmas card then 65 cents.

Thanks!
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »

there is still some OPs that will Direct QSL regardless of the cost,
& usually for some odd reason, like it's their 1st contact with some country  / county
- for these folks, the cost is irrelevant.

but, sending QSLs on a regular basis, is an entirely different matter. .. ..
W0ZF

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »

I've been using LoTW for a number of years, and like it.  Yes, it takes a bit of effort to obtain the initial certificate, but after that it's pretty simple - especially if you use a logging program that automates the upload/download process.

If you DO use LoTW, now would be a great time to check your Station Location in TQSL to ensure that it contains your correct Grid Square. Why?  Because the ARRL's International Grid Square Chase operating event for 2018 is right around the corner ! 
The Grid Chase depends upon having the appropriate Grid Square associated with each QSO.
Even if you don't plan to participate in the Chase, please consider helping others by adding your grid square to your TQSL Station Location.
Thanks!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: