The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX ENGINEERING The ONLY Dealer I Will Deal With  (Read 21010 times)
K3EY

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:06 AM »

This dealer is IMO the best on the planet. If you ever have problem they give you zero hassle and do whatever it takes to satisfy you. Unlike my experience with the biggest ham dealer this dealer actually cares about customer satisfaction, it’s not just words, it’s pure action! I just purchased another IC7300, it was delivered the next day up and running. DX Engineering going forward is the only dealer I will deal with, they are that good pricing or otherwise. I’d pay a few dollars more if necessary because if and when there are problems they don’t back away or start talking restocking fees or go see the manufacturer, they actually stand 1000 % behind what they sell minus any attitude.

Curt
k3ey
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:34:15 AM by K3EY » Logged
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:15:38 PM »

Yes, I have been glowing about them for years now. It was always difficult for overseas people to deal with the USA and not be treated like a scammer, terrorist or get price gouged because some dealer wants to ship  a 20  dollar item with 200 dollar  courier fees.  

Now you have a professional company that does not rip you off on freight charges and is totally a consummate professional. They even put most Ebay dealers too shame.  Its also amusing looking at the Ebay Global shipping charges which can  charge 50 dollars to deliver something small like a box of matches. I can get a complete antenna for slightly more delivered by DXENGINEERING they are so competitive.

Anyway DXENGINEERING is model global and hobby business model that if replicated across the USA would result  in an economic export boom. I get the sense that the USA is bottling itself up and trying more and more to become a local economy rather than a diverse export  economy that is  open for business. Its amazing that there are so businesses in the USA that refuse to deal with foreigners in any way or shape as if we all are crooked Nigerians. DX ENGINEERING is a standout.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »

Well I Googled it so here it is for all whom have wondered like I have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenki  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »

I just bought a 2500 watt slug for my watt meter. went to DX Engineering first, but they were 30 bucks higher than HRO, who also gave me free priority shipping.  That is sizable savings.
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »

Interesting that this just popped up.

UPS lost a shipment from DX Engineering yesterday.  UPS claims it was delivered to my front door, but funnily enough, I was here, sitting 10 feet from the door when they claim to have delivered it, and they never rang or knocked.  And they would have rung or knocked, because they also were trying to deliver a signature-required package at the same time -- and there was no tag left on the door, even though tracking said "attempted delivery" at the exact same time the other package was supposedly delivered.

I went a couple of rounds with UPS support this morning and they weren't particularly disposed to be helpful, claiming that the driver had indeed delivered the box to my address, so I was resigned to making a claim and waiting for that to go through the system.

Because I'm that guy (you all know "that guy"), I also wrote to Tim Duffy, K3LR, and explained the entire sad story, because I felt as the shipper, he should be aware of UPS's perfidy.  I didn't expect anything from that as I figured I'd pursue the claim with UPS and hopefully get satisfaction from them (and hopefully end up with the box delivered to the right place).  It certainly wasn't DX Engineering's fault that UPS's driver couldn't find the right house, even though he's here all the time and probably has my address as a favorite in his GPS.

Not an hour later, I had a call from Maria at DX Engineering, who told me they would resend the wire antenna I ordered and they would put in a claim with UPS.  You have no idea how that made me feel.  Especially since the G5RV I ordered was to replace the G5RV that snapped in two the other night, probably due to the wind, and I was really hoping to have it back up this weekend.

I also got an email response from Tim Duffy, who was sympathetic and happy to help out a fellow ham.

I have never had a problem with a shipment from DX Engineering until now, and I've always been satisfied with the quality of the products I've purchased.  I'm sure a 50 buck antenna is small change in their daily sales, but they made a customer with a small order very happy today.  They're the best, hands down. 

UPS, on the other hand, is going to be on my $#!+ list for awhile.
KD8QBW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »

They're great as long as they don't literally scream at you. K3EY, your posts are great entertainment.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »

Their prices on some transceivers are high.

Why should someone have to play the price-matching game, just to get a radio for the price offered by other retailers?

These enthusiastic company reviews come across as odd...
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »

They're great as long as they don't literally scream at you. K3EY, your posts are great entertainment.

Believe what you may, it happened, they made it right 100 fold.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 07:05:02 AM »

Why should someone have to play the price-matching game, just to get a radio for the price offered by other retailers?

Price is not everything Mr SOFAR, you come across as incognito
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »

I have to agree with you, a little too enthusiastic if you know what I mean.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »

Must  listen to Alex Jones and all his compadres
KD8QBW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 08:52:05 AM »

Your continued rant against DXE and the Alex Jones retort prove you are at least, a comedian? You make no sense. Are you Alex Jones, cause then we can take your future posts regarding company service with a grain. You berated DXE to the point of embarrassment to us as reader's , said company and obviously not to yourself. You then turn around and love them to the end of time. Have you no shame?
Why would anyone buy a product from a vendor based on your review?
Just read your posts and now K3, you decide.
When you make an order, I guess they run for the exit.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »

Price is not everything Mr SOFAR, you come across as incognito

I do remain incognito online. If you ever plan on driving through Chicago, I'll drag my 2 meter gear out of the closet, and properly introduce myself on 2 meter simplex.
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:46 AM »

Yes indeed. Rather like those customer satisfaction surveys you get from Ford when you purchase a new vehicle...you know, the one that the dealer wants all"10s" on and maybe gives you a little "incentive"...LOL
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »

Yes indeed. Rather like those customer satisfaction surveys you get from Ford when you purchase a new vehicle...you know, the one that the dealer wants all"10s" on and maybe gives you a little "incentive"...LOL

I junked a car recently, received a coupon for a free t-shirt if I posted a 'positive' review on Yelp.

They want a biased review, and free advertising, by wearing their shirt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: