The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSSIAN PADDLE PURCHASE SHOCKINGLY SURPRISED ME  (Read 4360 times)
K3EY

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »

I bought a new and very unique paddle off eBay from a talented Russian.

I was shocked at it’s performance. It is better than the WBLV22’s I owned. It has an extremely light touch. Contact setting that is possible to get so close you can not hear or feel any movement at all. The paddle base seems to be made from a very light mold, therefore it’s necessary to use a sticky pad. The touch is claimed to be set at 10 grams and I believe it. 

I never used a paddle with such a light touch and I owned most, including the capacitive touch paddles. Cost was only $115 dollars shipped from Russia.

I don’t know the maker. Communicating with him is hard with the language barrier. I don’t think he is a ham. Not sure, but I think he is a mechanical engineer that or a mechanic genius.

I have no vested interest other than telling other hams who appreciate a great paddle like the WBL was, and at a great price.

I have a good picture of this Key on QRZ under my call. It’s also on eBay.

After spending tons of money on all kinds of different Keys, I felt compelled to tell the world about this unique Key.  Also, I never even used a single lever until this one. 

Try It, You’ll Like It!
K6JH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »

Got an e-bay link to the auction (even if expired) or the vendor? I can't seem to find it...

Jim K6JH
K6JH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »

Got an e-bay link to the auction (even if expired) or the vendor? I can't seem to find it...

Nevermind! Found it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CW-Morse-Code-Keyer-Key-by-R4N-885-New/202316156415?hash=item2f1afb8dff:g:2XoAAOSwPHZayze4

More - single lever, iambic, and portable QRP sized.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/pandora-abs/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Jim K6JH
AI4MS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

Thanks for the tip. The design appears to be extremely efficient and inexpensive for the workmanship as you described. I ordered one today, my first new key purchase in 50 years! About 3-4 weeks for delivery.

AI4MS
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »

Thanks for the tip. The design appears to be extremely efficient and inexpensive for the workmanship as you described. I ordered one today, my first new key purchase in 50 years! About 3-4 weeks for delivery.

AI4MS

Let me know what you think after you play with it (k3ey@yahoo.com) and Yes, delivery takes time but it's worth it.

It weights 203 gram which is less then 1/2 pound so get sticky pad. I use one from DXE works great.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 12:09:43 PM »

Here is the makers site. You will need a translator which free on the internet.

He makes different types and always creating newer Keys or what he calls, Manipulators.

http://r4n-885.785799.ru/page-3.html
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

Thanks to K3EY for bringing this to our attention.  I'm very tempted to buy one.  I'm concerned about it moving around as it weighs less than a half pound.  I love big heavy keys Smiley  Could someone make a quick video of the key in action ?   

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
UA4NE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »

Hello! The key on this photos - is my one. It made last year by the same master Alexander SWL R4N-885 from my town Kirov.

I love QRQ and this key is very easy to QRQ operate, it doesn't bounce because of good internal mechanics.
This key does not slide on the table because it weighs 1.3 kg and has three wide rubbered legs. I like the massive, solid things.

Accept my recommendations.

N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 03:28:44 AM »

I received one of these keys from K3EY and made a short video demo of the single lever key by Alexander SWL R4N-885.  Seems like a very nicely made key and works great.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_H9s6XHZ4

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
AI4MS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 04:11:44 AM »

I ordered one after reading about it here. It took about two weeks for it to arrive after ordering on paypal. I don't collect keys but after 50 years of cw operation this is the lightest key I have ever used and I enjoy using it. It needs a sticky pad to keep it steady. Certainly much better value than other keys at twice the price.
W2OZB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 06:10:31 AM »

I bought a single lever paddle like Joe N3HEE acquired.  Wow! What a great paddle and what a great price!.  Yes it is light, but for me an easy fix since I play with a mill and lathe.  I will make a saddle out of some steel I have around my shop (after Field Day, when I'll have more time) for the key base to securely slip into making it a great add to my shack.  The saddle will be as long as a Begali HST and just a tad wider.  It will weigh a bit more than the HST when finished

When I want to go portable/mobile/qrp, the small light weight will be quite the advantage.  I simply pull it out of the metal saddle and off I go! I can easily hold the key with my left hand while sending with my right if need be. 

I also like the little magnet on the side next to the drilled hole that secures the adjusting hex key.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: