The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nelson out, where does that leave us?  (Read 835 times)
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »

O.K>  You are not "whining", but, you sure are squeaking regularly.

BTW, If you can't find a new non HOA house in Fl, then you aren't looking.
But but but, he needs (wants) the property to meet lots of his "requirements"... and cost nothing.
OTOH...

"You can't always get what you want,
but if you try real hard...
sometimes, you get what you neeeed!"

-- Mick Jagger
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 06:12:34 PM »

O.K>  You are not "whining", but, you sure are squeaking regularly.

BTW, If you can't find a new non HOA house in Fl, then you aren't looking.
But but but, he needs (wants) the property to meet lots of his "requirements"... and cost nothing.
OTOH...

"You can't always get what you want,
but if you try real hard...
sometimes, you get what you neeeed!"

-- Mick Jagger
As I recall, he admitted only spending a day or so looking. When pressed, he gave me in detail his price range, age of home, size, etc... claiming nothing exists which I found to be untrue having identified a number of areas where new homes exist without antenna limitations meeting his parameters.

Clearly, his desire is reasonable but his repeated claims of unavailability are patently false yet they continue which serves only to perpetuate the desired myth apparently as a reason to support some legislative fix of a self-inflicted non-problem. The unanswered question here is why.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 03:35:01 AM »

Nelson is gaining votes every day. Maybe in a couple weeks he will win. Gotta love the FL election board!

If the ARRL cuts a deal on new legislation like they did the last one, it will fail just like the current one is about dead. Amateur radio is far too small of a constituency to worry about as compared to people who live in HOAs who are a large constituency.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 01:30:43 PM »

Nelson is gaining votes every day. Maybe in a couple weeks he will win. Gotta love the FL election board!

His folks seem to want non-citizens' votes to count. Not much different than non-HOA residents trying to change HOA rules.
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 02:51:09 PM »

His folks seem to want non-citizens' votes to count. Not much different than non-HOA residents trying to change HOA rules.

See, that's where you misunderstand many of us. It's not my intention to change the rules governing every HOA controlled neighborhood. The problem for many of us is that most desirable neighborhoods built today are under restrictive covenants which the HOA must abide by. I don't want to move into your neighborhood, necessarily. However I might want to move into a neighboring community (This is all hypothetical). As of today, I haven't found any that meet my criteria and allow antenna installation and while I only seriously checked out agents near Sarasota that one time, my family has lived in Tampa for over 30 years and checking properties available in what I consider a desirable part of town, I have yet to find a recently built neighborhood that isn't under HOA control. My mom asked about antennas in her neighborhood and was told, no way would they be allowed. I am not hear to argue with you. While I don't currently live in a HOA controlled neighborhood, I will be l will be retiring in the next few years and will want to move to a newer, smaller home (My current home is four bedrooms). My best friend, also a ham moved to a community in Florida which does not allow ham radio antennas. Like a child sneaking candy he has to sneak his wire antenna onto his roof when he thinks no one is watching. There's to much QRN for him to put the antenna in his attic. People move into these communities for many reasons. I m grateful that my wife understands and is willing to work with me to find our next home. Not every one is that lucky.   
W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »

It looks like a Half Nelson is getting the Full Monty:

A polarizing Poleaxing, indeed!

Somewhere HOA Lackies Weep.

And an Eagle Rests upon an Antenna.

The Chickens?

They always come home to Roost.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »

See, that's where you misunderstand many of us. It's not my intention to change the rules governing every HOA controlled neighborhood. The problem for many of us is that most desirable neighborhoods built today are under restrictive covenants which the HOA must abide by. I don't want to move into your neighborhood, necessarily. However I might want to move into a neighboring community (This is all hypothetical). As of today, I haven't found any that meet my criteria and allow antenna installation and while I only seriously checked out agents near Sarasota that one time, my family has lived in Tampa for over 30 years and checking properties available in what I consider a desirable part of town, I have yet to find a recently built neighborhood that isn't under HOA control. My mom asked about antennas in her neighborhood and was told, no way would they be allowed. I am not hear to argue with you. While I don't currently live in a HOA controlled neighborhood, I will be l will be retiring in the next few years and will want to move to a newer, smaller home (My current home is four bedrooms). My best friend, also a ham moved to a community in Florida which does not allow ham radio antennas. Like a child sneaking candy he has to sneak his wire antenna onto his roof when he thinks no one is watching. There's to much QRN for him to put the antenna in his attic. People move into these communities for many reasons. I m grateful that my wife understands and is willing to work with me to find our next home. Not every one is that lucky.   
Such communities you seek are abundant here. I don't understand someone who refuses to acknowledge that but rather tries to change other places to suit his fancy. And by advocating for legislation, that is precisely what you do. Rather than accuse me of misunderstanding, why refuse to understand yourself that it is a contrived problem? It's a simple question you deflect.
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 04:58:07 AM »

Such communities you seek are abundant here. I don't understand someone who refuses to acknowledge that but rather tries to change other places to suit his fancy. And by advocating for legislation, that is precisely what you do. Rather than accuse me of misunderstanding, why refuse to understand yourself that it is a contrived problem? It's a simple question you deflect.

If that is the case then you know a lot more than every realtor I have talked with in multiple states. I don't want to change every neighborhood. I just want to have a reasonable choice
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 06:22:43 AM »

If that is the case then you know a lot more than every realtor I have talked with in multiple states. I don't want to change every neighborhood. I just want to have a reasonable choice
Not really. What I know is only what a realtor friend of mine provided me in response to your question. As it's obvious you made no effort to verify that list, I'm wondering now if you are just a troll who enjoys being disagreeable.

To get this back on track, there are two categories of home shoppers:
1.  if someone wants to find a new(er) home without antenna limitations, they can.
2.  If someone who doesn't look very hard to find such a location, they can use their narrow search to perpetuate a myth that no homes exist.

Pick one.
W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

Nah.

He doesn't have to pick either one,
though that's a fine performance on your part.

Pick stripping  HOA's of their "authority"
as the BEST Choice. With NO MORE NONSENSE
imposed upon THE LAND OWNER EVER AGAIN!

Just ONE Supreme Court
test case, and The Party is Over for the HOAs.

Then the HOA Busybodies and their Lackies, the disgusting
Lap Dogs, HOA Apologists and other undesirable types
will have to find something else to do.

And get real jobs.

IF others didn't feel this way, Half Nelson
 wouldn't be in Electorial Peril down there
In Sunshine Land.

But they do.

And he is.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »

In Sunshine Land.

But they do.

And he is.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

I omitted most of your post as nonsense and included the above segment as a blatantly senseless example. 
Do you realize how ludicrous it is to imply ham radio has any influence on Nelson losing or for that matter, any election? No one can be that oblivious but then your posts seem to contradict such an assumption.

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »

In Sunshine Land.

But they do.

And he is.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill
I omitted most of your post as nonsense and included the above segment as a blatantly senseless example. 
Do you realize how ludicrous it is to imply ham radio has any influence on Nelson losing or for that matter, any election? No one can be that oblivious but then your posts seem to contradict such an assumption.

I am willing to bet 99% or more of Floridians know nothing of his action on ARPA. So it certainly wouldn't be an election issue worth noting. People seem to forget that HR Ops are an extreme minority of the general voting population. And smaller if you figure in that some Ops don't vote.

73, Stan
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »

I am willing to bet 99% or more of Floridians know nothing of his action on ARPA. So it certainly wouldn't be an election issue worth noting. People seem to forget that HR Ops are an extreme minority of the general voting population. And smaller if you figure in that some Ops don't vote.
Not to mention that most HOA resident hams don't care about ARPA. 

Like other threads on this topic, we are subjected to the same few characters who want to apply their desires on others, who think they know better and who don't care about or value anything other than their own opinion.  Reasonable people would call such behavior arrogant.
W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 07:30:34 AM »

"Do you realize how ludicrous it is to imply ham radio has any influence on Nelson losing or for that matter, any election? "

Hmmm...Must have mattered to SOMEBODY, or two, or three...
And those few votes?

Might have made a difference in getting him reelected.

90% of the Voters didn't know about his stance on antennas?
Maybe. Maybe NOT. But 1% Sure Did!

"Like other threads on this topic, we are subjected to the same few characters who want to apply their desires on others, who think they know better and who don't care about or value anything other than their own opinion.  Reasonable people would call such behavior arrogant."

Yes... we are, by the likes of you. And you are out of Steam. Again.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »

The whole topic is out of steam since ARPA will be dead and buried shortly.

Maybe next time. Like the Rocky movies, there will always be another one made. Hopefully it will be something that will actually help HR instead of just breeding lawsuits.

73, Stan
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: