Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT8  (Read 241 times)
EI5GUB

Ignore
FT8
« on: March 17, 2019, 04:53:28 AM »

Hi Im not used to or experienced at FT8,it worked on my computer ok until last weekend,now when I turn it on the waterfall works fine as does the signal meter but every 15 seconds nothing appears on the recieve ssreen,any ideas.Thanks Richard
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 05:02:13 AM »

Most likely your clock is off by more than 2 seconds and you need to reset it.
This could be the result of an operating system update.
EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:05:30 AM »

Ok thanks and yes I think I done some cleaning and upgradeing lately,how do I set it perfectly.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:43:21 AM »

Ok thanks and yes I think I done some cleaning and upgradeing lately,how do I set it perfectly.

You need to load a NTP or Network Time Protocol utility. like Meinberg or Dimension 4.
This keep your clock set perfectly at all times as long as you have internet access.  If you just set the clock it will drift with time.  Some computers drift more than others. But with an NTP loaded every time you boot your computer, it will reset, and also during operation it will reset as needed.

http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/

EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 07:01:47 AM »

Ok thanks I done all that and its fine now,thanks again
EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:30:07 AM »

Im using a Yaesu Ft2000 an SPE expert amp,Tigertronics box for digimodes.The amp will tune the antenna perfectly how ever if I try to transmit on Ft8 the amp shows a very high swr and shuts down,this happens with very little power,any ideas.
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:39:09 AM »

You may want to disable the split option in WSJT for the rig. 
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:22:11 PM »

It sounds like you could have some common mode/ RF feedback going on when running the amplifier.
Bill AA2UK
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:51:17 PM »

Im using a Yaesu Ft2000 an SPE expert amp,Tigertronics box for digimodes.The amp will tune the antenna perfectly how ever if I try to transmit on Ft8 the amp shows a very high swr and shuts down,this happens with very little power,any ideas.

In addition to the other thoughtful comments, I've found that one needs to carefully adjust the SignaLink box so as NOT to overdrive the digital audio.  Often you will see double or even triple decoding on FT8 (and JT as well) or wider than normal signal bandwidth (often distorted looking) and I've assisted those stations in properly readjusting their audio drive and eliminating the the multiple decodes.  Most had to backoff the SignaLink about 1/4 of a turn (counter clockwise).

For Elecraft K3 users: I followed the Elecraft recommendation for 4-5 bars on ALC when xmitting keydown digital.  I do this by adjusting the Power Bar Slider on the far right of the WSJTX lower screen panel.  For my setup I have the slider showing a - 10dB.  When I remote into my Club's (W4RKC) Flex6400 I readjust my WSJTX Power Bar slider for a reading of -6 dB.  

Hope this helps.  73, Rich, K3VAT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: