The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VU2PAI - S.K  (Read 401 times)
MM0NDX

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2019, 02:29:13 AM »

Sad news indeed:

https://dx-world.net/vu2pai-s-k/

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 05:10:05 AM »

This is very sad to hear of Ananth's passing. I've worked him several times over the years. So young, he was only a few years older than me. RIP and condolences to his family and friends. Sad
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »

Very sad news, I talked to Pai several times including when he was on dxpeditions.  He gave me a few ATNO's and was always great to talk to.  He will be missed.

http://www.mangaloretoday.com/main/Ananth-G-Pai-of-Bharath-Beedies-passes-away.html

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 02:20:02 PM »

Very sad news, I talked to Pai several times including when he was on dxpeditions.  He gave me a few ATNO's and was always great to talk to.  He will be missed.

http://www.mangaloretoday.com/main/Ananth-G-Pai-of-Bharath-Beedies-passes-away.html

73s
Rob

I read the above article, a nice writeup. I totally forgot about his love of stamps. When I emailed him some time ago to exchange QSL cards, I had asked him how many dollars he needed for postage. He said instead of sending money, send him some interesting stamps. I have a large pile of them from QSL cards that arrived from all over the world so I picked out some interesting ones and mailed them along with my QSL. He was greatful and enjoyed what I sent! My QSL arrived shortly therafter. I too worked some the dxpedtions he was on. RIP.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »

I don’t believe this....if I hear one more blurb of BAD NEWS, I’m gonna FREAK beyond reproach!!! Another great DXer lost...someone please make the bad news stop! 47 is way too young...does any one know how this happened?

V
K3NRX

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »

I don’t believe this....if I hear one more blurb of BAD NEWS, I’m gonna FREAK beyond reproach!!! Another great DXer lost...someone please make the bad news stop! 47 is way too young...does any one know how this happened?

V
K3NRX

He had a heart attack / found him passed away in his hotel room when he was supposed to be at a work conference. Sad
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 09:35:08 PM »

V
K3NRX

I know what you mean Vince!  First Apollo now Pia. Both gone way too soon Cry
Read the link I posted Vince.  It has a lot more details.
If you type his full name +died into google it is very evident that he was pretty well known at home.  His passing seemed to have made it into many newspapers.

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 09:37:34 PM »

73s
Rob

That's true, I also remember sending him some stamps.  He had included a hand written note asking for any rare stamps that I might have.

73s
Rob

I read the above article, a nice writeup. I totally forgot about his love of stamps. When I emailed him some time ago to exchange QSL cards, I had asked him how many dollars he needed for postage. He said instead of sending money, send him some interesting stamps. I have a large pile of them from QSL cards that arrived from all over the world so I picked out some interesting ones and mailed them along with my QSL. He was greatful and enjoyed what I sent! My QSL arrived shortly therafter. I too worked some the dxpedtions he was on. RIP.

KC2SST

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 10:13:26 AM »

it is very evident that he was pretty well known at home.  His passing seemed to have made it into many newspapers.

He was a director of a rather significant group of companies.  Bharath Beedi is a major manufacturer of beedis-- a kind of cigarette.  So, think of Pai as a director of Altria Group/ Philip Morris. 
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »

I was just talking about Pai on Friday with a local friend.  He's been to my area and he has relatives who own a restaurant a few miles from me. My friend phoned me with the news and I checked this forum, which I haven't logged into for months.  I had no idea we also lost Monk Apollo.  Two weeks ago I found out a radio friend going back to our CB days in the 70s had passed away and he was 59.

Way too many SKs of late.

Chris  NU1O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: